Menu

So what are you making for dessert tonight due to random cravings?

Not having to do with any other threads, of course.

I don't have any fake cream cheese and fake butter cream isn't as exciting so I am making this

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/04/banana-coconut-upside-down-cake.html

Only...I don't have any fake sour cream so I substituted fake cream and added a little lemonjuice to the batter.

I made this cookie dough frozen yogurt recipe (no ice cream maker needed!). It's deceptive in that you think to yourself, "oh I can use my own homemade yogurt in this, it must be healthy." But then you add in a load of butter and sugar, and no, not healthy at all lol. BUT very very tasty and ridiculously rich. It's the first time I've ever seen my ds not able to finish a bowl of ice cream.

I subbed in rice flour for the regular flour to make it GF.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1EJAXJ/www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-frozen-yogurt/

Btw, I know it's not dessert but seriously try the Peach, Basil, & Mozzarella Pizza that's on their website. It is sooooo good. Even my very meat loving, anti-vegetarian dh loves it.

Not having to do with any other threads, of course.

I don't have any fake cream cheese and fake butter cream isn't as exciting so I am making this

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/04/banana-coconut-upside-down-cake.html

Only...I don't have any fake sour cream so I substituted fake cream and added a little lemonjuice to the batter.

In the future I always found that coconut yogurt was a good substitute in recipes for sour cream. And I used to make my own coconut yogurt which was much cheaper - but that was also back when you had to live in a major city to find it and even then you'd be lucky to find it in one health food store so I imagine prices have gone down considerably now that I seem to see it everywhere.

I had a box of strawberry cupcakes in the pantry. I figured this was the occasion for them since I don't know when else I'll make them. DS asked what that funny pink "stuff" was that I poured into the eggs and oil. My DD asked why we were having them, it's not anyone's birthday!

They can thank the Hive. :D

You people make me miserable. I tried to make cupcakes and found my eggs were all gone :(

DH is going up to the store to surprise me.

That happened to me last week...I seriously moped around the house all evening.

Root beer floats for the kids. Cake vodka milkshake for me! I had DH run out the door for that vodka as soon as I saw those recipes, LOL! Of course, the kids were all, "What's that? Can I have a taste?" NOOOO...mine, and so YUM!

I want to try making some ice cream. I saw the recipe in a magazine at the orthodontist's office on Thursday. I need to buy some heavy cream for it.

3/4 pound fresh or frozen fruit (I'm going to use my frozen mixed berries)

2 cups heavy cream

1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Puree the fruit in a blender and strain through a sieve.

Use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream, condensed milk, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.

Fold half the fruit puree until combined.

Spoon the remaining puree over the cream mixture and fold, leaving streaks to create swirls.

Transfer to a loaf pan or freezer-safe container. Tap the pan to get rid of air bubbles.

Cover and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours and up to 2 weeks.

I haven't made it before, but it sure sounds good.