Menu

Baby names...round 2.

I'm due Christmas Eve. :D

My 3 dc are:

Isaac Benjamin

Ella Christine

Aaron Francis

I too like classic names, not trendy. (Ella was named BEFORE "Ella" flooded the top 10 list:glare:...and she is named after a family member.) I have 3 kids that start with vowels...I'm not attached to that pattern, but have joked about naming this one Omega.;):lol:

If it's a girl, I'm thinking about giving my middle name which is Jean.

If it's a boy, I have no idea. John, Robert, and Howard are family names that I might give as a middle name.

What about Olivia?

I thought of Olivia too. I guess you've got me on the vowel-name track. For a boy? Oliver, Owen, Edward. Not a vowel-name, but I like Charles for classic names.

My sister's Christmas baby names were Christian and Hannah Noel. But I think Hannah might be a little too similar to Aaron and Ella.

What about Olivia?

That's a cousin's middle name. I've thought about it. Olivia Jean

I've always loved Natalie/Natalia. It does mean born on Christmas... :D

Oh, I like that. Natalie Jean

I thought of Olivia too. I guess you've got me on the vowel-name track. For a boy? Oliver, Owen, Edward. Not a vowel-name, but I like Charles for classic names.

My sister's Christmas baby names were Christian and Hannah Noel. But I think Hannah might be a little too similar to Aaron and Ella.

I already have Christine as a middle name...so all "Christ" derivatives are getting the cut.

I have an Ella too, and I was also shocked at how quickly it became popular. I'd love the name as a child reading the Little House books (cousin of the Ingalls children) and always knew I'd name a daughter Ella. Anyway.

I personally like Noel more than Natalie for a Christmas baby. :)

I always liked Cara, Linnea and Corinne. Those were all names I loved but were vetoed by the DH.

ETA - I am Catholic so I think of saints names. St. Stephen was the first Christian martyr (in Acts) and his feast day is Dec. 27th. Stephen is a great name! You could also go for a saint name that has a feast during Advent or Christmas. Lucy, Nicholas, Mary, Thomas.

Edited by drexel

I have an Ella too, and I was also shocked at how quickly it became popular.

Is that your 7yo? My Ella is 7 also. That was the year... I had passed over 2 other names b/c they were TOOOOOO trendy, thinking Ella was classic and old fashioned enough to avoid the top 10. Gah!

OK - Once I pick a name, I'm calling dibs and no one else can have it.:tongue_smilie:

I like Noelle. I think it might be funny to say "Ella and Noelle" in the same sentence with both having that "el" sound. I could use Noelle as a middle name though.

I'm probably no help...

I like Olivia, Natalie, Noelle and Holly! I also like Julia and Elizabeth.

I love boy names like Oliver, Owen, and Henry (not Charles as much if the nickname might be Chuck).

You have some great names on your list!

What about Ivy Jean?

Like the Christmas song, "The Holly and the Ivy" but it's not overtly Christmas. It keeps your vowel theme, and the one girl I've ever known named Ivy was one of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever met. :001_smile:

Congrats on the new baby!

Jeannette Isabella? :lol:

She would have a song written just for her.:lol:

I knew a John Robert growing up and always thought it was a fine, upstanding name. :001_smile:

Congratulations!

It is a fine name...already been taken...I'd like one of those to be a middle name though.

I'm probably no help...

I also like Julia and Elizabeth.

These have been taken by family already also.

What about Ivy Jean?

Hmmm...I kind of like that.

Lucia or Lucy for St. Lucia day which is December 13th. This was almost dd's name as we got her picture and referral on December 13th. We ended up going with Lily instead. Still love Lucy.

:iagree:

Christmas-y names for girls:

Natalie

Maria

Angela

Frances

Julia

Lucia or Lucy

Nichole

Adelaide

Noelle

Ivy

Holly

Mary

Anastasia

Christmas-y names for boys:

Francis

John

Nicholas

Noel

Edmund or Edward

Lucius

Philip

Peter

Thomas

Victor

Justin

Quintin

Dominic

Theodore

Michael

Vincent

:iagree:

Christmas-y names for girls:

Natalie

Maria

Angela

Frances

Julia

Lucia or Lucy

Nichole

Adelaide

Noelle

Ivy

Holly

Mary

Anastasia

Christmas-y names for boys:

Francis

John

Nicholas

Noel

Edmund or Edward

Lucius

Philip

Peter

Thomas

Victor

Justin

Quintin

Dominic

Theodore

Michael

Vincent

Thanks for this list. :001_smile:

I'm googling Christmas-y names. What do you think of Holly? What would you pair with it as a middle name?

My god daughter was born on Dec. 26, and her parents named her Holly Noelle. She likes it and she's 13 now.

Other girl names, Abigail Jean, Amanda Jean, Elizabeth Jean.

For a boy, I like Owen Robert or Aiden Robert. I know Aiden is sort of trendy, but I've liked the name ever since I first saw Aiden Quinn in a movie a gazillion years ago.