Menu

Does anyone actually use a bucket balance?

TriciaS

I know it's recommended to have one for Singapore...I'll be teaching 1b/2a/poss. 2b and Essentials K, book a. Do I really need that thing or is it a waste of $13.00? I feel like I'm in a never-ending pit of buying extras right now!

I just don't want to order the thing and then never use it, you know?

I didn't use Singapore, so can't speak to how necessary it might be for the lessons, but I can tell you that our bucket balance has not seen a lot of use during school time.

It does, however, get occasional use during free science time, and it is a nice component to have in our science bin.

We've also used it with a set of weighted coins that I found on clearance somewhere. Not necessary for learning about money, but a fun little extra.

I feel like we did use it for SM years 2 and 3. I am having a hard time remembering that many years back. I am starting SM 2 again this year and I have my scale all ready to go. I don't think we used it a lot, but we did use it. That said, I was given mine so I didn't care about price.

I think we used it for some grammar stage science as well.

I have one, and it was neat for maybe two weeks. The rest of the time, it wasn't useful. When Iwanted it for the next younger kid, I couldn't find one of the buckets, but Ifinally foundit last week behind the frig.

Make your own with a hanger and two strawberry baskets or something.