Menu

what amounts of these vitamins do your kids take?

I am trying to determine how much of the following vitamins is safe and yet enough to really make any sort of difference. My kids are 8, 10 and 12

Cod Liver Oil

Vit D3

Vit C

Olive Leaf Extract

and if you give your children anything else on a regular basis, I would be interested in know what. I am mostly interested in building their immune systems for the fall and winter bugs.

of the one's you mentioned, after doing blood work for what dudeling (7) nutritional status is, my son's DAN! has him on:

fish oil - nordic naturals ultimate omega jr - 650 mg omega 3 (he had a choice between the ultimate jr - strawberry flavor, or the regular ultimate - lemon flavor)

D3 - 4,000 I.U's. (1dd's D3 levels were "catastrophically" - her providers words - low and she was placed on 10,000 I.U's)

he also has a regular mutli - rainbow light gummy bear essentials that has 60mg's of Vit C - though they make a seperate c-supplement with 250mgs.

Edited by gardenmom5

Cod liver oil -- 1/2 tsp. for each child over the age of 2, 1 tsp. for myself, but I haven't given it this summer. We'll start it again toward the end of the summer. We use the Nordic Naturals strawberry and orange flavors.

Vitamin D3 -- 1000 IU for the 3yo, 2000 IU for the 7yo, 3000 IU for the 10yo, and 4000-5000 IU for me, but again, not in the summer.

Vitamin C and olive leaf -- don't do those.

We eat a balanced diet with lots fo fruit and vegetables and do not use any vitamin supplements. In my home country, people do not give their kids vitamins routinely unless prescribed by a ped for specific deficiciencies. Our immune systems work just fine.

:iagree:

I am trying to determine how much of the following vitamins is safe and yet enough to really make any sort of difference. My kids are 8, 10 and 12

Cod Liver Oil

Vit D3

Vit C

Olive Leaf Extract

and if you give your children anything else on a regular basis, I would be interested in know what. I am mostly interested in building their immune systems for the fall and winter bugs.

My kids take a Carlson for Kids DHA, 5000IU Vit D, 1000mg Vit C, a multi vitamin, small amount of calcium and magnesium. I've got my ds on a B-50 complex, too. I will also have them take an Oregano oil softgel if their throat is scratchy or they feel like they might be coming down with something.

My kids take a Carlson for Kids DHA, 5000IU Vit D, 1000mg Vit C, a multi vitamin, small amount of calcium and magnesium. I've got my ds on a B-50 complex, too. I will also have them take an Oregano oil softgel if their throat is scratchy or they feel like they might be coming down with something.

may I ask specifically which Vit D and and Vit c you give your kids

I've been using Swanson vitamins Vit D, and whatever Vit C they will take (dd is currently drinking a powdered one in her water and ds takes a chewable one - Swanson and NOW brands both have a Vit C crystal that dissolves in water and the chewable is Natural Factors Jungle Juice flavor). Neither kid is very good at swallowing larger vitamins.