Menu

I don't enjoy living in an oven.

How about a pressure cooker? The humidity here is SO BAD that the stuff at my yard sale felt damp. I had the money stored in a cardboard box and when I counted it last night IT felt damp. If you shower, then go sit outside for a minute, you need another shower because you are sticky. My barely wavy hair manages to puff up and do weird things every day :glare:

I'm kind of over summer, and I'm a summer kind of girl. This year has stunk, though.

I dont' either, Denise. And truthfully, the deeper into menopause I get, the less I can tolerate the heat. Just a half hour ago I removed my bra. Dh just looked at me like, "you okay?" For some reason I just couldn't stand wearing it another second.

UGH. Need some rain and cool temps!

astrid

come on Denise, don't you just love sweating from just sitting typing on the computer and heaven forbid if you go outside and do anything then it means stripping out of all clothes including underware, taking another shower and clean dry clothes .

Another one here wanting summer to be over as we don't have central air and only one wall unit.

I ordered a portable a/c unit that should be here Thurs (although, all things considered, prob not til next Mon/Tues). Thankfully, we've had a break in the heat, even a bit of rain last night.

Hoping it lasts until the a/c unit shows up!

I hear ya! Two weeks ago, our power went out due to the storms (it was out for 4 days). A day and a half later...our a/c broke (blew 2 fuses). 5 days later...the a/c broke again (two more fuses...we were down to one replacement).

My husband ordered new fuses last Sunday from a company 200 miles away. The fuses left SW VA for PA, then went to WV, then to Hagerstown...and finally made it to Fredericksburg on Friday...but FedEx wouldn't let us pick them up. They will be here on Monday.

The month of July, we have been without a/c for twelve out of 15 days...tomorrow will be day 13. Maybe this is God's way of helping us keep our electric bill down?