Menu

I need a new purse...ideas?

I have come to hate purse shopping. I never find one I love, end up buying one that "sort of" works for what I want, and then wishing I hadn't. I haven't had a purse that I thought was great in forever. The last one that worked even remotely well was a $25 cross body from Target. I used it for 3 years because I couldn't find anything I liked any better, even in higher end, designer purses.

I rarely wear it cross body, I can't stand the cleavage divide, but it was all one compartment so I never lost things. The one I bought last time had two compartments and I can never find anything, small stuff sifts down under the fabric divider and I have to dump the purse to find it. I don't want a huge purse, but I need one that fits: a largeish wallet, hairbrush, small make up bag, keys, phone. Sometimes I end up sticking one of the kid's Kindles in there. I don't care if it's leather or fabric, but I don't want a bright quilted bag (Most Vera Bradley doesn't appeal to me.) I usually end up with brown :glare: I don't want one that's so small I can't fit anything extra into it, like if I need to take medication or a book, but I also don't want one so large that my piddly list of items floats around in it and is never readily available. I'm also not the easiest on purses, I take them everywhere and carry them for forever, so it needs to be durable.

Any ideas?

I have one that looks like this:

http://www.handbags.com/piazza/torino-backpack/221897/p/10154304

in black leather, except that mine has a divider inside that makes a compartment that is perfect for holding my Nook in its case. Long with the Nook, it can hold my large wallet, brush and lots of other stuff too. I usually wear both straps over one shoulder, but it's nice that it can go hands free backpack-style as well.

I definitely DID NOT pay $119 for it.

I bought this almost a yr ago from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-Luggage-Criss-Cross-Resistant/dp/B004XGBWTK/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1341764585&sr=8-10&keywords=baggallini

I love it. It does have lots of compartment though so if you don't like that..... I can pretty much have everything in its place and know where to find it.:001_smile:

Amazon has a great selection of Baggallini bags. This is the 3 one I have bought and they have all held up VERY well. The one I had before the one I am using now, I gave to my oldest dd as I wanted a different style. She is still using it. I think I had used it at least 2 yrs if not 3.

I am with you, I DO. NOT. LIKE. PURSE. SHOPPING! Generally when I buy one I keep it for quite a while.

I know there are a ton of bag/purse makers on Etsy. Some will even do custom so if have an idea of the perfect purse but can't find it, someone could make it for you. Most of the prices are very reasonable.

Edited by MollyAnn