Menu

Has anyone used magic jack for phone?

My husband tried it and was really disappointed with it. I'm not sure about the details but I know he thought it was a piece of junk. We are using Ooma, or something like that. It runs across the Internet and is very inexpensive. It seems to work very well, although if the electricity cuts out even for a second, we have to unplug it and plug it back in or it won't work right.

Ok, sounds pretty variable. :lol: Maybe it depends on location?

We are probably going to try it because I cancelled our land line (90% of our calls were from debt collectors for people we had never heard of and I could not get the companies to stop calling) but DH misses a phone in the house.

We have magic jack plus. $60 for the device. $100 for 6 years of service. Works great. We have vonage on the home phones. This is our back up plus we use it in hotel rooms so I can call my mom cheaply. She is ninety and i check in daily.

We have it. This is our second year. I think it depends on how much bandwidth or what level of internet you pay for. If you have good quality internet, then you should be fine. We like ours but had to tweak our set-up a bit, and it's good now. It has saved us over $400 thus far. We were paying around $25 a month for phone service before.

We've had magicjack for a couple of years. We moved last year to a different state and I didn't notice any change.

Every once in a great while, it will get an echo. For the most part though, we don't have any problems with it.

We used it back when there was no monthly fee. It worked OK sometimes and most of the time it wasn't good at all. Plus you had to have a computer on at all times.

We use and recommend the Obi. It's a one-time purchase ($40 for the OBi100 or $50 for the OBi110) and then free home phone service that works!

http://www.amazon.com/OBi110-Service-Bridge-Telephone-Adapter/dp/B0045RMEPI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340871270&sr=8-1&keywords=obi