Menu

What to do with a whole lot of lemons... Ideas?

I used three of them to bake a homemade lemon mereign pie... but, that was very time consuming and I will only do that with store bought crusts from now on...

But, I'd love some lemon recipes that are tried and true yummy....

Thanks!

Have you never heard the old saying that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade? :tongue_smilie: It is hot enough here that I would use them all for lemonade.

Last night, we had cedar plank salmon with fresh dill and lemon slices. So, fish?

I like to make spaghetti with olive oil, lemon juice, and lots of Parmesan. Delightful served cold. So refreshing!

My friend juiced hers and froze them in small containers to use in different recipes.

This doesn't use a lot, but I like fresh squeezed lemon juice, freshly ground pepper and salt on sauteed veggies.

And isn't there a chicken and lemon recipe on that 365 crockpot blog?

Edited by LivingOutLove
Oooh, and...

Lemon poppyseed muffins/cake

Avgolemono soup

And I'll second the idea of freezing small quantities; an ice cube tray works well. If I'm feeling too lazy to cook and then find frozen lemon juice (and if I'm really lucky, frozen chopped onion), it's like all my Christmases came at once.

not food but---

I slice lemons and steep them in a glass jar with vinegar and water for about a week and then I put that in a spray bottle. I've done it for years and it keeps counter tops and surfaces (stove, sink, dishwasher etc) really shiny.

Take the end wedge of one and use it to scrub around the drains of the sinks and it helps remove those stubborn black spots that get under the edges.

Place a bowl of the slices as a centerpiece when you're sitting outside and it helps keep mosquitoes away.

You can freeze lemon slices and then place them on top of fresh salmon fillets and cover with foil and bake. Makes lovely baked salmon. I use lemon slices, a pat of butter, salt and pepper.

:iagree: tilapia--slices of lemons and strips of carrots wrapped up with the tilapia in a foil pocket and bake---yum!