Menu

What to make for date night?

Tomorrow is our anniversary. The plan is to feed the kids, put them to bed, then have a nice grown-up dinner (with the 2 month old, but what can you do).

What should I make? It needs to be either quick enough to cook and eat after they go to bed or made during the day and ready to eat later.

Dessert suggestions are also welcome!!

Risotto!

You can cook up some chicken, mushrooms, and spinach to be added to it earlier, and then just to the risotto part after kids are in bed. Takes about 20 min. Yummm

For dessert? I say keep it simple, strawberries and whipped creme? That's always nice for a date night. :D

:iagree: My husband loves toppings for his potatoes.

My husband loves anything asian, but my kids hate rice, so I'll cook stir fry or fried rice to make a special dinner for us, since we don't have it much.

What does your husband like that he doesn't bet much? Or, what if he picks up take out for you both?

Our go-to date night meals are usually something that's expensive; something that we don't purchase regularly. For us that means scallops, veal chops, rack of lamb, or filet mignon. Although we have just enough grass fed short ribs for two, so that's what I'm making for our anniversary this Thursday :)

Ours is a bottle of wine, a couple nice cheeses, yummy bread or crackers, maybe cold cuts, and green salad. Easy and feels special, even though it is stuff we usually have in the pantry. Having it tonight, even, because turns out DH has to work late. :)