Menu

OK, people! I'm goin' in!

I'm back. I've called in Special Ops. We will divide and conquer! War. Is. Hell.

I find solo missions to be more effective in this case. Some sensitive eyes can not handle the carnage, and feel that every treasure needs to be rescued. There are going to be some casulties and I prefer the don't-ask-don't-tell-that-you-threw-it-away policy.

I find solo missions to be more effective in this case. Some sensitive eyes can not handle the carnage, and feel that every treasure needs to be rescued. There are going to be some casulties and I prefer the don't-ask-don't-tell-that-you-threw-it-away policy.

Yes, looking back, that might have been the wiser course. My comrade cried huge tears when I threw away the ginormous Dora coloring book. I've had some small victories, though. I did misjudge the time it's going to take to defeat this beast. I've got to start dinner and go to choir, so I'm going to have to resume later. Is it supposed to look worse than when I started? :001_huh:

Yes, looking back, that might have been the wiser course. My comrade cried huge tears when I threw away the ginormous Dora coloring book. I've had some small victories, though. I did misjudge the time it's going to take to defeat this beast. I've got to start dinner and go to choir, so I'm going to have to resume later. Is it supposed to look worse than when I started? :001_huh:

Don't forget the promised photos!

Just got home from church and I just can't bring myself to resume the battle. I did get a bookshelf organized and the book shelves at my desk. I was gonna take pics, but my camera is rebelling. The problem is I've moved most of my curriculum over to the piano area, so the entire room looks in disarray! :crying: I'm gonna drink me some beers and maybe it'll look better. I promise pics on my blog tomorrow. Carry on and thanks for your support and encouragement!

LOL!!! That is exactly where I am right now. It looks like an explosion happened. But, it has to get worse before it can get better!! I'm not going back in tonight. The mess will still be there in the morning. We did about 1/3 of the room (including dusting the blinds, washing the walls and baseboards, cleaning the windows, etc...) I'm really going for it.

LOL!!! That is exactly where I am right now. It looks like an explosion happened. But, it has to get worse before it can get better!! I'm not going back in tonight. The mess will still be there in the morning. We did about 1/3 of the room (including dusting the blinds, washing the walls and baseboards, cleaning the windows, etc...) I'm really going for it.

I actually swept behind some shelves. Pulled them babies out an everything! I'm one of those that thinks, "There's a back-of-the-shelves?" :001_huh: Like, "There's a top-of-the-fridge?"

I actually swept behind some shelves. Pulled them babies out an everything! I'm one of those that thinks, "There's a back-of-the-shelves?" :001_huh: Like, "There's a top-of-the-fridge?"

Yup, me too...and I took everything off the shelves and dusted and arranged (and vaccuumed behind them....who knew there was a back!) I found all the missing mechanical pencils.

Well, I'm going in after her!!!! If you don't hear from me by tonight, send in the troops!!!

8.gif

Oh, the pain!! I've been working in mine for two days and I just get into the drudgery before I have to stop for something. Drats!! Give me strenghth and I'll take some of those troops here too.

OK...against my better judgement, I've posted some pics. I'm a little disappointed that they change is so subtle in these photos 'cuz I'm an instant gratification/results girl, but here they are anyway. The last photo is where I put ALL of our current curriculum. I got it out of the way so I could decrap. When I've accomplished that, I'll find it all a home. Baby steps...

OK...against my better judgement, I've posted some pics. I'm a little disappointed that they change is so subtle in these photos 'cuz I'm an instant gratification/results girl, but here they are anyway. The last photo is where I put ALL of our current curriculum. I got it out of the way so I could decrap. When I've accomplished that, I'll find it all a home. Baby steps...

Believe me, I understand the notion that it has to look worse before it can look better!! I'm right in the middle of the "worse" part right now. Perhaps if I could tear myself away from the stupid computer, I could get to the "better" part faster.

Believe me, I understand the notion that it has to look worse before it can look better!! I'm right in the middle of the "worse" part right now. Perhaps if I could tear myself away from the stupid computer, I could get to the "better" part faster.

Oh, I'm sure if I took my other hand off of the computer it would go much quicker!

Oh, I'm so there. I love one part and turn around - GASP - someone put a pile there. I'll try and post some pics soon, although I didn't really take any before pics. You'll just have to take my word that it is much improved.

It's those last little piles that drive me nuts. Then, I would love a new way to arrange the furniture. Oh my, I better get off the computer and get working!! Keep the reinforcements active and ready.

Oh, I'm so there. I love one part and turn around - GASP - someone put a pile there. I'll try and post some pics soon, although I didn't really take any before pics. You'll just have to take my word that it is much improved.

It's those last little piles that drive me nuts. Then, I would love a new way to arrange the furniture. Oh my, I better get off the computer and get working!! Keep the reinforcements active and ready.

Oy! The piles...I know. It's hard for me to find homes for some things. It just ends up in a stack/pile that grows ever higher. Then the collapse. Then the denial. Then the freak out cleaning frenzy...it's a vicious cycle.

For me, starting is the easiest. I find big bulks of things and find it rewarding to put them away. I clean out last year's, put them in bins and put this year's curriculum in my bookcase. So exciting and seems like I'm on the ball. Then, I get to the singles. You know those things that you really like or want to use but they don't really belong anywhere. Those are my enemies. They end up in a big pile somewhere, begging to be put up!!

Hey what you need is some of my super-special-homemade-vanilla-yogurt. Trust me it is delicious and with just a little drizzle of my special brew on top...you will be feeling nothing but happy in no time. Dh has asked me not to allow the children access to this.:D

:lol:I need to decrap my basement:lol:. LoL

I love the posts on your blog. They are hilarious. At least you are making progress as most of us just sit and type quirky messages :rolleyes:

You really have gotten a lot done! I don't even know where to start. Then again, we aren't even done yet and I've bought half my curriculum for next year and just threw it in to the mix. :willy_nilly: Oh well, I'll just live vicariously through you!

Keep up the good work! I'll keep working on my control journal. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

I agree. The good news for me is that a friend in my church is going to homeschool. Her oldest is 4 so I am getting her a pile of books my dc's have outgrown. What a great way to get rid of some books I have read and/or used but don't need in my shelf anymore.

I need to purge, organize and file and put into a database everything in the church's homeschool library! :rofl: People keep saying they will help and then when I ask for it...

If I can't even get to my own homeschool room..YIKES! :w00t:

Lets see, I'll get that in between working 30 hrs. a week, homeschooling my high-schoolers (2 of them) taking care of my multiple handicapped son and my Autistic son and running a home with a truck-driving husband. Yeah.

I did do two shelves in the fall. I was really cranking then. :auto: