Menu

Wish me luck.

A good friend is visiting from China. Before she heads back home next week she wants to stock up on her kids' favorite cereals, good laundry supplies, and all those things she can't find in Beijing.

So I'm taking her to Costco.

Oooh, I hate that place, but I can do this, right?

I can survive Costco. I can survive Costco.

Say it with me.

You can do this. I just hope she doesn't ask you to help her pack.;)

Tammy, who has taken some very strange things through customs for myself and friends. (Strangest was two tacos from NY to Germany for my neighbor.)

A good friend is visiting from China. Before she heads back home next week she wants to stock up on her kids' favorite cereals, good laundry supplies, and all those things she can't find in Beijing.

Say it with me.

Why do you hate Costco? I hated it in California because it was always so crowded, but here, the Costco is great. Except when you pay for the stuff you bought.

Second question, is your friend actually going to TAKE all that stuff back to China? I can't imagine hauling breakfast cereals overseas!

Say it with me.

Do I need to get out the cheerleading uniform, Crissy?

You can do it!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only Costco dreader. I called my mom to see if she was going this week so I could go with her because I thought it would be more fun than going alone. Blech!

We survived!

We left all the children at home and got her shopping done in 30 minutes!

Danestress, our local Costco warehouse is always terribly crowded. People are rude and inconsiderate, and they park those enormous carts right in the middle of the aisle while they snack on the free samples.

Grrr.

And yes. She does take all that stuff back. They bring one extra suitcase to fill with all the things they cannot find at home, or stuff that is far too expensive to buy in China. Vanilla extract, for example, is tough for her to locate and incredibly pricey.

Tammy, who has taken some very strange things through customs for myself and friends. (Strangest was two tacos from NY to Germany for my neighbor.)

Ok, you have to tell more about the tacos. LOL. We've brought back a few strange things for others -- a whole wheel of cheese (which my dh thought the sniffer dog would get), wine from Spain (which busted in my luggage & was dripping out everywhere -- I thought someone nearby had overindulged on the plane until I realized it was my own bag that was reeking), a sword for my sister (which my friend put in her hanging bag, only to have her bag sliced open top to bottom by the sword). Ah, the good old days of travel! ;)

Crissy -- how did the Costco trip go? Hope you made it out of there w/ your wallet & sanity in tact!

I was going home for a vacation and asked my neighbor what she wanted as a souvenir. She pregnant and craving Taco Bell. Nuff said...:001_smile:

I've done the wine thing myself.

Ok, you have to tell more about the tacos. LOL. We've brought back a few strange things for others -- a whole wheel of cheese (which my dh thought the sniffer dog would get), wine from Spain (which busted in my luggage & was dripping out everywhere -- I thought someone nearby had overindulged on the plane until I realized it was my own bag that was reeking), a sword for my sister (which my friend put in her hanging bag, only to have her bag sliced open top to bottom by the sword). Ah, the good old days of travel! ;)

Crissy -- how did the Costco trip go? Hope you made it out of there w/ your wallet & sanity in tact!