Menu

The puppy is here and his name is.........

.................Otis.

I loved so many of the name suggestions and so did dd11, and i was determined to let her select the name herself. That was important b/c dd tends to have difficulty making selections that merely have to do with what she likes as opposed to something being 'right' or 'wrong.'

So, Otis is fast asleep, and below is a photo of dd11 and Otis about a minute after dh placed Otis in her arms.

Thank you all for your excellent suggestions! I guess the baseball theme is finished in our house.

post-10544-13535086753073_thumb.jpg

Otis is a great name! They are darling together. :)

OMG that is serious cuteness! He LOOKS like an Otis.

What is he?

Congrats-- your daughter will have a perma-smile for a while!

astrid

Otis too, of course. What gorgeous eyes she has!

:party:

OTIS ROCKS!!!

Thank you so much. Otis is really precious and dd is totally over the moon.

:D

She will be thrilled that there is positive feedback on the name!:D

Otis is a cavachon: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bison Frise mix.

He's adorable!

I just saw this and the other thread and boy, I have puppy envy! Otis is adorable!

Otis is a great name. I missed the suggestion phase, but those "eyebrows" on pup sure remind me of Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street. So I would have said Oscar.

Have fun, don't let that new baby keep you up all night! I'm guessing you have a duty roster for the kids...

Welcome home, Otis!!!

:party:

So cute! Enjoy your new boy!

I just saw this and the other thread and boy, I have puppy envy! Otis is adorable!

Otis is a great name. I missed the suggestion phase, but those "eyebrows" on pup sure remind me of Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street. So I would have said Oscar.

Have fun, don't let that new baby keep you up all night! I'm guessing you have a duty roster for the kids...

Dd and Otis are very cute together. Love the name.

Thank you all -- he is actually cuter in person than in the photo -- and all that fur!

I am amazed that dd thought of a name by herself THAT quickly -- that is the most surprising thing of all.

Otis was good last night -- he is really quiet -- he was up every two hours, went right back to sleep, and is satisfying dd more than any webkinz ever did!:lol::lol:

We haven't had a puppy in the house in like 16 years -- i had totally forgotten what it is like.

Thanks! :)

I've been informed that his middle name is Oscar.:D

Haha! Please tell your dd that now I think I need to start talking dh into getting a puppy - I will tell him about her fantastic level of responsibility and convince him our dd will do the same!

Haha! Please tell your dd that now I think I need to start talking dh into getting a puppy - I will tell him about her fantastic level of responsibility and convince him our dd will do the same!

I have to tell you, dd was up at midnight, two, four and six:twenty-seven to take care of the puppy.:D