Menu

If you have read 50 shades of grey....

Ack! Are those quotes in the book!?!??! I don't want to read anything involving fis****

I think I will pass. :lol:

Yup...what he is reading is directly from the book. Crazy, huh??? I read all three books and then I spent days trying to get those images out of my head. But what can I say...I did continue reading them (although I didn't really enjoy the plot and I thought the writing was horrific). All of the SNL and other parodies are hilarious though. :D

Ok, I'm confused. Why would one pay to read poorly written fanfic when there is plenty of good smut, er, stuff out there for free? Is it just a "jump on the bandwagon" thing at this point?

That's what I've been trying to figure out. Everyone on FB keeps talking about it. It was actually my BFF who brought it to my attention - she said I HAD to read it. I borrowed the books from her and just couldn't believe them. And I am no prude at all...nor am I a book snob. I like all types of books. But even I could tell how poorly-written these books are. I just can't figure out why they are so popular? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Resurrecting an old thread because I thought this was too funny not to share but don't want to start a thread about it since I have no interest in reading these books. Someone posted these reviews of them on FB and they are hilarious: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

I posted this on my fb page a few days ago as well. I have not read the book because I guessed it would be idiotic (to the point of making me angry) and the critic affirmed my suspicions. The last time I read a book that was all the rage among women it was Twilight. Never again.

The last time I read a book that was all the rage among women it was Twilight. Never again.

:iagree: I loathe Twilight :ack2:. Read the first book and the half of the 2nd. The main reason I have no interest in 50 Shades is not so much the subject matter, but the fact that it's apparently really badly written. I've become very cautious about fads and so forth. :glare:

One even came with a warning about "unconventional use of office equipment."

:lol: :smilielol5: :lol:

I keep going back and forth as to whether I should start reading trashy books again like I used to in my teens and twenties. Some Jackie Collins books are sitting on my wish list and I'm undecided. They're absolute smut, but oh, ever so much fun. :tongue_smilie: Decisions, decisions ...

I posted this on my fb page a few days ago as well. I have not read the book because I guessed it would be idiotic (to the point of making me angry) and the critic affirmed my suspicions. The last time I read a book that was all the rage among women it was Twilight. Never again.

This happened to me. I read the first book (and will NOT be reading the rest) and I couldn't stand it. By the end of the book, I hated the female lead (Ana) so much, I wished Christian would accidentally choke her to death. It's been a long time since I hated a character in a book that much. I didn't care either way about the male lead (Christian). He was a fairly typical romance novel guy with a sadistic twist. He's ridiculously good looking, fabulously wealthy and good at everything (plays piano, is athletic, etc). He showers Ana with gifts (which she whines about), makes her feel things that require pages of flowery description (which she whines about) and falls in love with her (which she can't see because she's too modest *gag*). In short, he's so unrealistic that I couldn't possibly relate to him.

And if I had to read about this woman's inner goddess any longer, I was going to tear up the book page at a time and it wasn't my book. ;)

Resurrecting an old thread because I thought this was too funny not to share but don't want to start a thread about it since I have no interest in reading these books. Someone posted these reviews of them on FB and they are hilarious: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

Awesome review. (Haven't read the books, but loved the review :lol:, especially the animations.)