Menu

Exercise thread 5/6-5/12

New week, new start for exercise. :001_smile:

I'm still holding my little guy 24/7 as he fights his illness. This is day 4 of a fever. Hopefully, it won't last much longer.

I'm not able to put him down to even go to the bathroom let alone workout. Will someone run for me?

Just curious, what is your post race reward meal? Is it
?

Omg, that is truly the most disgusting, least appetizing, this I have ever seen!

What I actually ate was a banana and a lemonade.

Then after sleeping and bathing, not in that order, dh and and I went to a really awesome Italian place for dinner. I had fried zucchini, cream of roasted red pepper soup, salad, and about one bite of the pasta I had ordered because I was full. I also had the best lemonade I'd ever had, two glasses, and a few sips of dh's malbec (the best red wine ever, an Argentinian wine similar to Pinot noir, but better).

I was sad that I filled up so fast. I was planning on eating much more. A few hours later I had the leftover amazing bread and butter that I had not even tasted. Now we are going for bagels. I will eat like crazy for another 24 hours if similiar experience is repeated. I get famished for about 36 hours post runs over 15 miles or so.

Thanks for your encouragement, ladies!

Will be going for a swim in the next half hour or so. Can't wait. :D I'd go now, but it's too dark.

This is on my wish list

Not sure if you'll like Iron Yoga. I didn't care for it much at first. It's grown on me. It might be a bit dry for some, but it's very effective and parts of it are really challenging (at least for me anyway ;)).

workout-iron-yoga-150.jpg

FYI, ladies, I wanted to makes to share my marathon race report with y'all.

:)

It has pg-13 language, and some other coarseness (G-d references, etc), so don't go there if that might bother you.

I learned about couch to 5k here on WTM boards, so I wanted to give you all a shout out for encouraging strangers to exercise. It was the best thing that's happened to me in my non-family related life as an adult.

http://couch2marathonmom.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to get back to a regular routine, so I took a peek at this thread. Maybe I can stay motivated by checking in. Since it's been so long, I started yesterday with stretches and yoga. Did 40 minutes yesterday and 30 today.

Just curious, what is your post race reward meal? Is it
?

When I saw what she was making, I was disgusted just thinking about it. :tongue_smilie: Then I watched as she picked it up, put it down, licked her fingers, then picked it up again and gave it to her co-host. :eek:

StephanieZ, I will be visiting to read for sure. And congratulations on running the marathon! And I agree about exercise.

Today-Long Run, ran 5 miles and felt like going 6. For some reason I had all this energy this morning. But I just went five and bolted the last half-mile. THAT took care of the excess energy.

Wed plan-4 miles

Thur plan-4.5 miles

Friday-rest day

Saturday-4.5 miles

I'm trying to get back to a regular routine, so I took a peek at this thread. Maybe I can stay motivated by checking in. Since it's been so long, I started yesterday with stretches and yoga. Did 40 minutes yesterday and 30 today.

When I saw what she was making, I was disgusted just thinking about it. :tongue_smilie: Then I watched as she picked it up, put it down, licked her fingers, then picked it up again and gave it to her co-host. :eek:

Welcome to the thread! :D

I love yoga. Do you have dvds you use?

Yes, I was also double disgusted by what she was making and the licking fingers part.

Welcome to the thread! :D

I love yoga. Do you have dvds you use?

I had several but pared down my collection. Mine might seem mild, but I have degenerative disc disease and need to be careful of the kinds of moves I do.

Yoga for Back Care - Rodney Yee

AM and PM Yoga - Rodney Yee (AM) and Patricia Walden (PM)

I also have AM and PM Stretch with Madeleine Lewis, and it includes a number of yoga poses. All of these are Gaiam.

Sore throats all around the house! Haven't started the final week of Insanity yet.

Pump! should be here next week!

Sorry about the sore throats. That is no fun.

I will be anxious to learn what you think about Pump, how much weight you use, etc. Did you get the expanded kit with the cardio DVDs?

Sorry about the sore throats. That is no fun.

I will be anxious to learn what you think about Pump, how much weight you use, etc. Did you get the expanded kit with the cardio DVDs?

Ha! It came today. I ordered extra plates, 2.5s and 5s. I did not get the cardio DVDs, yet. I am thinking of getting Turbo Fire for my daughter and younger son so I am not sure if I need any more cardio stuff.

I finally got in a workout! I was able to sneak out of bed and ran for 30 min.

It felt so very good! I've been feeling so blah from this past 6 days taking care of my sick ds. So, it was nice to actually feel my heart pumping and got the feel good running juice flowing. :001_smile:

I'm going to try and get in another workout later. However, we need to catch up on lessons so....

I just bought Hot (Sweaty) Mamas and got it yesterday. I heard about it on the weekly book thread. I'm excited to read it.

Today DH and I went mountain biking for an hour. I'm pretty proud of myself for working out for four days in a row.

Monday - 40 minutes of Couch to 5k

Tuesday - 60 minutes of tennis

Wednesday - 50 minute power walk and 40 run

Rebounding

Some of the many benefits of rebounding:

Vigorous workouts like rebounding have double the heart benefits of mild exercise.

Rebounding helps the lymphatic system. There are many symptoms of a congested lymphatic system - heart disease, high blood pressure, varicose veins, and so many others.

Rebounding builds stronger bones.

Feel free to come visit my blog for more info - :)

http://neginsays.com/lets-lymphasize/

http://neginsays.com/internal-vacuum-cleaning/

Edited by Negin in Grenada

It is indeed. It's the first time in my life that I can run for even five minutes without feeling like I'm dying.

I remember that moment for me. 5 minutes doesn't sound like a lot of time but when you're running and not used to it 5 minutes is an eternity.

Keep it up and soon you'll be able to run for 30 minutes easily. Then perhaps longer. I haven't gotten past the 45 min mark. The biggest reason is time restraint. That's the thing about home schooling....I have to be the teacher. :tongue_smilie:

I did not run today. Yesterday I ended my run by tripping on my carpet and twisting my ankle as I fell gracefully to the floor. At least I'll stick with the story of me falling with grace. I'm sure in reality it didn't look so graceful. :lol:

So I decided to take it easy on my slightly sore ankle and not run.

I did Bar Method Super Sculpt II. I like this better than some of the others. It's long though at 58 minutes, and I was interrupted about 5 times by my 3 yr old. At one point while I was doing the butt lifts while on my back, he decided he needed to nurse. So there I was exercising and nursing at the same time. It made us both laugh. :001_smile:

Rebounding

Some of the many benefits of rebounding:

Vigorous workouts like rebounding have double the heart benefits of mild exercise.

Rebounding helps the lymphatic system. There are many symptoms of a congested lymphatic system - heart disease, high blood pressure, varicose veins, and so many others.

Rebounding builds stronger bones.

Feel free to come visit my blog for more info - :)

http://neginsays.com/lets-lymphasize/

http://neginsays.com/internal-vacuum-cleaning/

You know you keep this up and I'll have to give it another try. Do you do it to any dvds? You know I'm a dvd junkie!

Thursday evening: 90 minutes of Flirty Girl Booty Beat - 30 minutes of "rehearsal", and then 60 minutes teaching an actual class. I had twice as many women show up this time, and I did MUCH better with my cuing and taking them through the routine. AND they all said they had a lot of fun, so :D for me! :lol:

ETA: Friday: Insanity Max Interval Circuit. Only one more day and I'm done with my 60 days!

Thursday evening: 90 minutes of Flirty Girl Booty Beat - 30 minutes of "rehearsal", and then 60 minutes teaching an actual class. I had twice as many women show up this time, and I did MUCH better with my cuing and taking them through the routine. AND they all said they had a lot of fun, so :D for me! :lol:

ETA: Friday: Insanity Max Interval Circuit. Only one more day and I'm done with my 60 days!

You should be so proud of yourself!! Good for you!

Friday:

BBL - High & Tight

Bob Harper Yoga Abs

Classical Stretch - Season 8 - did 3 workouts in this set:

* Stretch all 800 Muscles

* Increase Your Energy

* Stress Relieving Workout

You know you keep this up and I'll have to give it another try.

:lol:

Do you do it to any dvds?

My rebounder came with a free DVD. It helped to give me some ideas, but it's a bit annoying to use regularly. I have a routine that I do to my favorite music. I love it - the computer's on and I enjoy watching photos on the slideshow while I bounce and do different moves while listening to music. I've viewed lots of rebounding DVDs on TotalFitness and Collage - have yet to find something I really like. You Tube (like the Tracy Anderson one you mentioned) has lots of good ideas also.