Menu

what is your favorite garden tool or kitchen gadget or tool?

For the kitchen, silicone spatulas and a whisk. And a cookie scoop. I use these items a lot.

For the garden/yard, I love the sprayer attachments that have the different types of flow and where you can shut the flow off. Great for watering the garden and washing the car. I also like small pruning shears--like this.

I love my M cups

I got the white because I didn't realize that they had red.

http://www.amazon.com/Fred-MCUPR-M-Cups-Measuring-Matryoshkas/dp/B005LGUWYW/ref=pd_sim_k_1

For the garden, I don't really have gadgets.

I did take a length of chicken wire and have my dh screw it to the brick around the gutter. Then I grew a gorgeous clematis up the wire to hide the gutter.

Kitchen:

cast iron skillet. Hand's down my favorite cooking tool.

I have a flat edge stirring spoon that I love. It's great for stirring puddings and such while cooking, but it was a gift and I can't find it for purchase anywhere. I've had mine 30 years or so.

Heavy bottomed cookware, especially cookie sheets. I dislike flimsy cookie sheets.

Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons. They make me happy.

Restaurant quality mats for places where I stand to chop or clean.

A good timer...I get distracted and would forget the cookies otherwise. :D

For the garden:

I second the action hoe, also called a scuffle hoe. I have two types, both are great at getting baby weeds outta there.

Good clippers. Hand and larger for larger pruning.

Battery powered weed whacker. I think mine is Black and Decker, costs less than $100, and came with two batteries. I LOVE this. It's balanced well so it doesn't kill my back like the gas powered whackers do. Love it.

Wheelbarrow and a little red wagon for hauling whatever I need...

Raised beds...my soil is black clay gumbo. Raised beds means I can actually grow food easily.

Mulch. Many of the problems in my gardens could be solved by more mulch.

I love my silicone spatulas, and spoon shaped spatulas. Mine are Pampered Chef, but if I ever have to replace them, I'll go with a different brand. There's nothing special about the PC ones. I also love my low tech egg slicer. I use it often to slice black olives, strawberries, and even avocado. Other kitchen gadgets I like have already been mentioned here.

Although I love to garden, I don't think I really have any garden gadgets. I do have the type of sprayer that a PP mentioned, but mostly I use plain old fashioned garden tools.