Menu

What is a cool gift your 8yr old girl would love?

My DD (7.5) loves stuff to do. She has enjoyed a large inventory of craft supplies, calligraphy/handwriting books and supplies, the Klutz pot holder weaving book and more supplies for that, cake decorating kit and books, embroidery kit (lots of skeins of floss, different size hoops, etc.), sewing/quilting books with fabric, etc.

If she is interested, do you have space for a garden? My kids have all enjoyed having their own 4x4 square foot garden. They filled it, planted their seeds, tended, harvested and ate it all with more appreciation for their food than they ever had before. You could get her the wood and build it with her, letting her decorate the outside and make labels for the plants.

My DD (7.5) loves stuff to do. She has enjoyed a large inventory of craft supplies, calligraphy/handwriting books and supplies, the Klutz pot holder weaving book and more supplies for that, cake decorating kit and books, embroidery kit (lots of skeins of floss, different size hoops, etc.), sewing/quilting books with fabric, etc.

If she is interested, do you have space for a garden? My kids have all enjoyed having their own 4x4 square foot garden. They filled it, planted their seeds, tended, harvested and ate it all with more appreciation for their food than they ever had before. You could get her the wood and build it with her, letting her decorate the outside and make labels for the plants.

Awesome idea abt making her own garden! My daughter loves flowers, butterflies, playing in the mud/dirt/water, and the great outdoors.

Ill see if we have room perhaps in our postage stamp yard...

I know that when we go by the bouquets of flowers at the store she always wants to take some home, which we never do. She has picked out seeds to plant in our yard, but we never did get around to planting them.

How about a fun experience? A trip to the movies, museum, zoo, circus, theater? My guys love Sonic gift cards and movie gift cards. They also love trips to the bookstore.

Happy birthday to your little lady!

We are planning on going bowling on Sunday, on her actual birthday. her cousins will be there and we will have cake and ice cream. We did this last yr too, and she had a blast.

I just dont have any presents...I loke the girft card idea;she could pick out her own gift and go out and spend her Sonic giftcard on dinner. I guess money always works too huh?

Awesome idea abt making her own garden! My daughter loves flowers, butterflies, playing in the mud/dirt/water, and the great outdoors.

Ill see if we have room perhaps in our postage stamp yard...

I know that when we go by the bouquets of flowers at the store she always wants to take some home, which we never do. She has picked out seeds to plant in our yard, but we never did get around to planting them.

Does she like to help in the kitchen? My daughter loves her own cookbooks.

Would she enjoy an herb garden or tomato plant that you could grow in containers on a deck or patio?

Does she want to learn to knit or sew? A lot of local quilting and knitting shops offer classes for young people.

These are things my DD enjoys.

Sculpey clay. A lot of fun, bright colors, and you can bake it to harden it but otherwise it stays soft and usable for a LONG time.

Check for 40% off coupons for Hobby Lobby or Michaels for an even better deal.

:iagree: How did I forget clay! For Christmas DD got Sculpey and this set of clay tools with this book. You can make amazing details with the tools.