Menu

If you are an Early Riser, what does that mean to you?

What time does Early Riser usually mean?  

1. 1. What time does Early Riser usually mean?

• up before 4:30 am most days
    • 4:30-5:00 am most days
    • 5:00-5:30 am most days
    • 5:30-6:00 am most days
    • 6:00-6:30 am most days
    • 6:30-7:00 am most days
    • 7:00-7:30 am most days
    • 7:30-8:00 am most days
    • sometime before 9:00 am
    • other

Generally wake around 5:30 but don't get out of bed until 6.

My kids are teens- no real need for me to get up early since they're not standing at the foot of my bed asking for breakfast.

Dh gets up by 4:30, ds is up by 7, and dd is up....around 9. Nobody uses alarm clocks around here unless it's been a really late night and we need to be up especially early.

This poll cracks me up. Sorry, folks, but "any time before 9 a.m." does not qualify as "early".:D I'm up at 7 a.m. or so (nope, that's not early) in midst of winter. I wake up whether or I want to or not by 5-ish when the sun is up at that hour. Given that I don't go the bed until 2 a.m. on average, I'd often not rather be up a few hours later. But those early morning hours can be great for a run or bike ride, I'm living proof that we don't need as much sleep as we think we do.;)

Um, by choice or by force? :)

Baby has been waking me at the crack of dawn, and the crack of dawn is getting earlier and earlier. And 3 days a week I'm up at 4:50 for work.

By choice, it would probably be closer to 7:00.

Yeah, well, there's that. ;) I suppose I mean by choice.

I get up around 8 am but I don't consider myself an early riser. Perhaps that is because in an earlier life you had to be at work by 8 am?

I don't consider 8-wakers to be "early risers," but I was allowing for variation in what people think is early. :001_smile:

In an earlier life, I got up at 5:30 and I popped out of bed the instant my alarm went off, if not before. I find it very interesting that in my SAHM years, I have de-conditioned myself to responding to the alarm and now I rarely hear dh's alarm when it goes off at 5:35. I'm just not conditioned to wake up to it anymore. But I'm also working on some new habits, so I think I am going to recondition myself to hear the alarm and get up then.

I'm an early riser because I get up before the rest of my family, so it's all relative. I would say I like to get up between 6:30 and 7. Everyone else prefers 9.

I am also the first to go to bed. Dh is a night person; I'm a morning person. Whether I rise that early or not, I prefer to wake up early in order to accomplish things. Staying up late? Forget it!

This poll cracks me up. Sorry, folks, but "any time before 9 a.m." does not qualify as "early".:D I'm up at 7 a.m. or so (nope, that's not early) in midst of winter. I wake up whether or I want to or not by 5-ish when the sun is up at that hour. Given that I don't go the bed until 2 a.m. on average, I'd often not rather be up a few hours later. But those early morning hours can be great for a run or bike ride, I'm living proof that we don't need as much sleep as we think we do.;)

Ha. That's a nap! :001_smile: