Menu

Trolls and Real People

If I was going to create this cyber life it for sure would not be around a bunch of homeschoolers! That is what I do not get, you would think people who do things like this are looking for excitement or something. Not that you gus are boring but it just don't seem something one would lie to get in the conversations about.

If I was going to create this cyber life it for sure would not be around a bunch of homeschoolers! That is what I do not get, you would think people who do things like this are looking for excitement or something. Not that you gus are boring but it just don't seem something one would lie to get in the conversations about.

IKR! My XH used to tell me, 'you have no idea who you are REALLY talking to!' I would ask him to explain the concern. He said it could be a dirty old man of some sort...I'm like, 'um, k....if he wants to talk curriculum and which vacuum cleaner to buy...or whether carts should be returned to the cart holder thingy....well, I guess that is a risk I am willing to take!'

:iagree: If I were going to do it I'd be thin, single, hot and young. Not middle aged with a bunch of bright kids. That is too much like real life.

No. I absolutely do not think you are a troll. In fact, I've clicked on links of you showing dogs so I feel like I 'know' you.

Does anyone think I am a troll?

Not at all, I think the only time you ever posted anything "out there" was with the ordeal with your ex. Otherwise your posts are nothing but supportive and kind to others as far as I am concerned. I think even teh way you handled the situation with your ex with so much dignity and grace that even with how nuts it was it never came across as trollish.

Myself on the other hand :lol: Oy! My afterlife better be nice and peaceful after all the drama in my actual life.

There was a post I read today, can't remember if it was on this thread or another troll inspired thread, about if your dealings with people is always bad being the common denominator. I think that is partially correct and partially not. Partially in that how I respond to others impacts my interactions with them, and partially not because some people like me just seem to invite crazy without ever trying kwim. When you have both at play you have nothing but crazy stories and the only place to share them is online, leading others to think you are a troll.

I think back in my early days on the board people thought I was a troll. I assume that most see I am not. I am sure there have been members that thought I was a drama mama, or an attention seeker. Am I? Maybe a bit. Not a drama mama, but an attention seeker, not in the way perceived though. I am the kind of person that loves to be recognized and appreciated even if it is just online. I know of a few members that outright dislike me and I have this insane need to make them notice me and see that I am an okay person so in that sense I could be deemed an attention seeker. BUt not in the pot-stirring drama kind of way.

Basically I am insane and want to be liked. I never got past my junior need to be popular. Add that to the "adventures" I live daily and well you have someone thought to be troll worthy.

Hey wait... I thought that being called a troll was one of the halmarks of a true WTMer. Also, one should have a history of getting threads deleted, know the meaning of TeA and the cause of kitten death.

Don't tell me I'm wrong!

Hey wait... I thought that being called a troll was one of the halmarks of a true WTMer. Also, one should have a history of getting threads deleted, know the meaning of TeA and the cause of kitten death.

Don't tell me I'm wrong!

Woo Hoo all of the above for me!

Don't forget those of us truly dedicated hive members have had at least a 24 hour ban. Funny enough mine was for calling out a troll :lol: She really was one though :tongue_smilie:

Does anyone think I am a troll?

Of course not. A troll would never confess her quilt squares are in a box beside her bed. A troll would say they were made into a quilt with no help from her mother and she won prizes for her hand stitching. :p

Basically I am insane and want to be liked. I never got past my junior need to be popular.

You can relax now. There is nothing cooler than that kitty avatar. :D

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

Of course not. A troll would never confess her quilt squares are in a box beside her bed. A troll would say they were made into a quilt with no help from her mother and she won prizes for her hand stitching. :p

Rosie

:crying:

As God is my Witness, I WILL get them into a quilt!

Everyone I tell my 'quilt square' story too thinks you ladies are the bomb!

:crying:

As God is my Witness, I WILL get them into a quilt!

Everyone I tell my 'quilt square' story too thinks you ladies are the bomb!

I wasn't picking on you!!! :grouphug: It doesn't matter if you make a quilt or not. The patches served their purpose. :)

I was just verifying your lack of trollishness with a supremely un-trollish story!

I wasn't picking on you!!! :grouphug: It doesn't matter if you make a quilt or not. The patches served their purpose. :)

I was just verifying your lack of trollishness with a supremely un-trollish story!

IKR!

Ugh!

That dang box STARES at me night and day.

Dunno what that means.

Do know what that means.

Rubbish. It smiles at you.

Rosie

IKR---I Know Right?

Actually it OFTEN smiles at me. It makes me giddy. I just feel guilty it isn't into a quilt----yet.

But hey, I did meet and MARRY my current dh within a span of 11 weeks.

So, Hey, I've been busy.

:D

Don't tell me I'm wrong!

OH MY GOSH, I remember the first time I read that and I responded about tea lol!!!:lol: When someone pointed it out I felt so stupid. I also remember the first time I saw troll and I kept asking what is that? No one would answer me so finally I pm'ed people to explain it. I thought you were all talking about some school related person that people hate!