Menu

A clean house makes me SO happy!!!

I just cleaned the downstairs from top to bottom yesterday. I washed floors, dusted, opened up cabinets to dust inside, took everything out of china cabinet, washed, cleaned cabinet, everything put away in its proper place, even vacuumed ceiliings and walls, some, and dusted beams. Some walls got fresh paint last week. :001_smile: All I have left to do is polish the stainless steel appliances and granite. Our house is pretty much sparkling everywhere!!!!

Tomorrow night I will be frustrated. Even angry.

Every week I do a pretty good deep clean downstairs. By the next day or two you would never know.

Sometimes it is too frustrating to ask dd12 to clean up after herself. Sometimes I just throw all her junk into a box and hand it to her.

Siiiigh.

What a boring post.:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Denisemomof4

I hear ya, it is a 3x daily job to keep it clean. I often tell my husband when he comes home that the house *was* clean, I generally try to tidy in the am and after super/during prep at least to keep it at bay. I'm trying to train mine early but it is constant work!

I know how you feel. Yesterday, I was feeling all bitter and resentful about the mounds of laundry, endless cooking, and the non-stop clutter control. DH is on a trip with his buddies to Vegas, and I let the kids have a kind of free-for-all weekend. With full time babysitting, homeschooling, all the household responsibilities, finances, yard work, cub scouts, book club, blah, blah, blah, I feel overworked and underpaid! :nopity: :lol:

I love having a clean house, but I'll never have a clean house to enjoy again until everyone moves out. I spent yesterday doing laundry, and today I'm trying to put piles of stuff away and do tasks that really need to be done, like clean out the microwave, gathering recyclables, meal planning and cooking, etc. When will I actually clean the bathrooms, vacuum and dust, etc? I did make the boys vacuum and dust their room yesterday, and help me change their sheets. But the actual cleaning of the rest of the house still needs to be done. It's going to be a long day!

I do get to go away next Saturday for a day trip with 3 college friends to visit another college friend. Then the weekend after that is a scrapbooking weekend away!:party: I really need it. But the amount of prep work I have to do to prepare for a weekend away, is almost not worth it. Dh will not actually feed the kids while I'm gone. They have to get their own meals, so I have to make sure they have clean clothes and food. And for those who've said, "If you just leave, dh is not going to let them starve!" I have the experience of leaving for one such weekend, when my children, in fact, ate nothing but cheese and crackers, because that's all they could get themselves. When I came home and gave dh the business, he didn't seem to think it was a big deal. Now, if there's nothing prepared to eat and I'm gone, he manages to take them to his mom's house and stay long enough so that she'll have to feed them. :glare:

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

I know exactly what you mean. :D The babies left for TX on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning all heck broke loose here. I've cleaned, rearranged, washed, built furniture for the last 4 days. I didn't stop until last night at 10pm when the last project was completed. It feels so good. Since it's just three of us here now...everything is staying in place. Our oldest dd will arrive back on Wednesday night and life will finally be back to our new normal until the newest baby arrives at the end of June.

Three out of the four of us were sick today, so we stayed home from Church.

My almost 15-year-old was feeling horrible, but she used her energy to tidy the living room and kitchen and suddenly, I started feeling better. :D Actually I still have a raging infection, but at least my heart was happy.

Must be something in the air. I did a declutter deep clean of the living room yesterday. It looks and feels a 100% in there. I moved artwork, cleaned behind stuff, tossed all those lego bits that have not been touched in forever, and doll parts, and beheaded action figures, and really cleaned it up.

By Tuesday the feeling will be gone.

I hate cleaning but I am with you when you say a clean house makes me happy.

I have to wait a few days for that feeling. My kid has a big exam this week, so he and the dining room table (and a good portion of the floor) are covered in papers, books, pencils, compasses, and many more papers. He'll be finished studying tomorrow, so then we can recycle the four thousand sheets of paper and get our dining room back.

How this prevents me from scrubbing the bathtub, you ask? I'll have to think about that.