Menu

Atelier DVD Art Curriculum at Homeschool Buyer's Coop

MeganW

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're still only at 24 orders, so I'm thinking the 40% off isn't going to happen.

What are the chances 125 people are going to sign up in the next 10 days? :tongue_smilie:

Only takes 6 more people to get to 20% off!

And there are 20 conditionals, hopefully lots of those were at 20% and so I think it's probably reasonable to hope for 25%!

I am very interested in this. I called the company to ask some questions, but no one called me back. Is it similar to Meet the Masters? I looked at MtM, but I don't like paying their price and not having the lessons on DVD to pass down to youngers so they could use it. Could you share what it teaches and how? I can't find any samples on the web site of the DVDs.

I was about to commit to buy and then wondered if it would be any cheaper to purchase at the homeschool convention (CHAP--Harrisburg, PA).

Pam

I am very interested in this. I called the company to ask some questions, but no one called me back. Is it similar to Meet the Masters? I looked at MtM, but I don't like paying their price and not having the lessons on DVD to pass down to youngers so they could use it. Could you share what it teaches and how? I can't find any samples on the web site of the DVDs.

I was about to commit to buy and then wondered if it would be any cheaper to purchase at the homeschool convention (CHAP--Harrisburg, PA).

Pam

I'd like to hear people's thoughts too. I was thinking I would try MtM this upcoming year with my dd. But maybe Atleier would be a good alternative. I want something that's not too teacher intensive. How does Atlier compare to MtM. Is it really a pop in and go sort of program? Or does it require additional teacher time for younger children?

:lurk5:

I just used this program (level 4) in my co-op. It was REALLY easy to teach. You gather the materials, watch the DVD and go! Really low prep/stress class! Really cool art. My son has some pieces that I'm going to frame for a long time.

Do they use a variety of art media? Does it teach artists? History?

Pam

There is an add on that helps you include works by masters, but the focus isn't the art history. I bought the prints and used them when I was talking about what to do in their project. I thought they used a variety of media--tempera paint, watercolor, crayon, torn paper, mixed media, black pen, markers, clay (1 time in level 4), etc.

How should I choose a level? I will probably just go with a good level for my 7yo because my older isn't very experienced and would still like it. Should imjust start with 1? Someone gave me 2c and all of level 6 so I am tempted to get the other parts of 2, but maybe starting at the beginning would be better.

How should I choose a level? I will probably just go with a good level for my 7yo because my older isn't very experienced and would still like it. Should imjust start with 1? Someone gave me 2c and all of level 6 so I am tempted to get the other parts of 2, but maybe starting at the beginning would be better.

My 7 and 8 yo's have been working on level 1 this year and enjoying it. I don't have terribly artistic kids, though. I think an older child would still enjoy most of the projects. They would just be able to make them nicer.

Retail Price:$155.00

Current Group Price:$131.75

Current Quantity Ordered:25

Conditional Orders:25

Current Group Savings:15%

We are at 25 people!! Need ONE person to get to 20% off!!! https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/atelier/?c=1

I am so hoping that most of those conditionals put it at 20% - if so we would go right to 25% off!!!

Edited by MeganW

Okay, I changed my order down to 20%, and that bumped the order to 20%.

But I'd LOOOOOOOVE it if another 50 people bought it in the next 5 days... what are the chances?

Decent. Last year about 100 people ordered in the last week.:001_smile: Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything for this year.

Yay! We are at 20% with 26 conditional orders. Maybe people will start bumping their orders down so that we can get 25% or 30% off.

Or better yet, maybe they will extend the expiration date to give us a bit more time...

Some people may be waiting for pay day tomorrow. I'm hoping we see a big jump tomorrow anyhow.

Some people may be waiting for pay day tomorrow. I'm hoping we see a big jump tomorrow anyhow.

No need to wait! They don't charge until the deal is finalized!!

We are up to 38 people, and a 20 percent discount!

Only 13 more to get to 25%!!!

Have you ordered from Homeschool Buyers Co-op before?

Do you know what the service fees are for or HOW MUCH they are?

I was about to commit and then saw this:

"PAYMENT: The Co-op will charge your credit card for the purchase price AFTER we get to 151 orders or the expiration date shown above, whichever comes first. We will also charge your credit card for the service fee. The service fee is non-refundable. The charges will appear separately on your credit card statement."

Pam

Have you ordered from Homeschool Buyers Co-op before?

Do you know what the service fees are for or HOW MUCH they are?

I was about to commit and then saw this in their Terms & Conditions:

"PAYMENT: The Co-op will charge your credit card for the purchase price AFTER we get to 151 orders or the expiration date shown above, whichever comes first. We will also charge your credit card for the service fee. The service fee is non-refundable. The charges will appear separately on your credit card statement."

Pam

If it happens to go down to 40% I would purchase multiple levels!

Go ahead and enter it in conditionally if you are sure you want to get them. If it doesn't get to forty off, you won't be out anything. Just make sure you order at the 40% level. If everyone waits until it has already gone to 40%, it might not make it.

No need to wait! They don't charge until the deal is finalized!!

We are up to 38 people, and a 20 percent discount!

Only 13 more to get to 25%!!!

That's right. I considered the money spent when I put my order in, but it will take up to 10 days after closing to process the order.

I already put my order in for 2 levels. Can I change that to more levels?

I think you have to enter another order, but that would allow you to enter different percentages also. For example, you could commit to purchasing two levels at 30%, and another two levels if it hit 40%. As far as I can tell, if you enter all of them once, the same percentage applies to the levels in that one order.