Menu

Great gifts your kids have received (or given)...

What are his hobbies? Is he an athlete? Does he read?

Things that have gone over well here for my boys:

gift certificate to the local sporting goods store

TCBY gift certificate (or any ice cream shop where they can "hang" with their friends!)

building toys - hammer, nails, wood; a bunch of PVC pipes and connectors

Marshmellow shooters (these kept my boys busy for HOURS at Christmas!)

My guys still like Playmobil

Can you go in with someone? We like active outdoor toys - scooters, powerwing, waveboards, flying turtles (but those are a bit more expensive)

Target has these really nice craft kits (not sure if he's a craft kid or not!). I get them for my nieces, so we've only done the "girly" ones - making your own purses, sand art, etc. But I think they have some that would work for boys too. I pick them up on sale for $6/each!

That's all I've got for now! Good luck!

What are his hobbies? Is he an athlete? Does he read?

Things that have gone over well here for my boys:

gift certificate to the local sporting goods store

TCBY gift certificate (or any ice cream shop where they can "hang" with their friends!)

building toys - hammer, nails, wood; a bunch of PVC pipes and connectors

Marshmellow shooters (these kept my boys busy for HOURS at Christmas!)

My guys still like Playmobil

Can you go in with someone? We like active outdoor toys - scooters, powerwing, waveboards, flying turtles (but those are a bit more expensive)

Target has these really nice craft kits (not sure if he's a craft kid or not!). I get them for my nieces, so we've only done the "girly" ones - making your own purses, sand art, etc. But I think they have some that would work for boys too. I pick them up on sale for $6/each!

That's all I've got for now! Good luck!

MARSHMELLOW shooters are the bomb! What a blast--hours of fun :)

I'm trying to think of things we've gotten for our nephew...

A small backpack style bag for holding his Nintendo DS & games (prior to that, he just carried it around w/ the games in a ziplock; I never would have guessed that he would have loved it so much, but he does & has used for a few years now).

The Dangerous Book for Boys -- nephew loved this book. Maybe get a few 'supplies' to go along w/ it.

One time we took him to eat at a Fuddrucker's that is connected to a video game arcade. So, he got dinner & then a preset amount ($20 or $25) to spend playing games.

Comic book subscriptions (he likes Shonen Jump & Sonic the Hedgehog).

Something that could also be fun -- a nerf dart gun set. These are the ones that have the velcro or suction cup tips. There are a huge variety of sets, some of them for 2 players.

MARSHMALLOW shooters are the bomb! What a blast--hours of fun :)

And apparently they never outgrow them, lol... When my brother got married, he made pvc mini-marshmallow shooters for all his groomsmen. Handed them out before the rehearsal... So there are all these allegedly grown men, who are paying zero attention to the rehearsal, and an awful lot of attention to their new weapons. And then my brother discovered that my super-curly hair was like marshmallow velcro! From that moment on, they all considered my hair the perfect target for their tomfoolery. Aaaaaaah! (But *they* sure had a lot of fun, lol.) Now my ds (who was the ringbearer) wonders why *he* never got one...

If he is into Legos....they have a master builder program that you can get a subscription for....

My boys loved this as did my nephew. They send you a lego kit every two months, plus the magazine and few other extras.

If they like to read we have purchased a gift certificate to Borders. That went over really well.

I like the Lego subscription......I think K'Nex offers something like that also.

When ds was about 12, a friend gave him a "deluxe" version fold-up camp chair (got a few on clearance at the end of the summer, and gave them as gifts to her teenage son's friends all year!). He put it in his bedroom and uses it all the time, even 6 years later.