Menu

Pregnancy and microwaves.

I don't know about microwaves, but I swear I read something about vacuums being dangerous during pregnancy at one point. I never believed it enough to try and see if I could get dh to take over vacuuming while I was pregnant. I probably should have.:lol:

So maybe rather than be passive-aggressive I should ask... Should I even bother to tell SIL that she's darting out of our kitchen for no good reason? It got on my nerves for some reason. She is, by nature, cautious about stuff. She doesn't drink out of plastic cups or own a microwave.

So maybe rather than be passive-aggressive I should ask... Should I even bother to tell SIL that she's darting out of our kitchen for no good reason? It got on my nerves for some reason. She is, by nature, cautious about stuff. She doesn't drink out of plastic cups or own a microwave.

Why does it bother you that she wants to take care of her baby in this way? I think she is wise to be cautious. Microwaves and pregnancy

No Way! Arguing with pregnant women is a bad idea. Offer her a nice chilled pewter mug full of lemonade and pass the bean dip!

No Way! Arguing with pregnant women is a bad idea. Offer her a nice chilled pewter mug full of lemonade and pass the bean dip!

Nah, I'm not gonna mess with her, she can choose whatever makes her comfortable. But I'm still going to laugh when she runs out of the kitchen each time someone uses the microwave! Driving without a "Baby On Board" sign is making her nervous, and sometimes I wonder where the hysteria comes from. She's buying one this week.

But truly, I was wondering if microwaves were a real threat. I figured we expose ourselves to worse things. What about flying?

I don't know about microwaves, but I swear I read something about vacuums being dangerous during pregnancy at one point. I never believed it enough to try and see if I could get dh to take over vacuuming while I was pregnant. I probably should have.:lol:

I have heard of this one, especially mothers who are threatening to miscarry. I think it has something to do with the position of the body and the swinging motion, plus the tendency to shift furniture around.

Nah, I'm not gonna mess with her, she can choose whatever makes her comfortable. But I'm still going to laugh when she runs out of the kitchen each time someone uses the microwave! Driving without a "Baby On Board" sign is making her nervous, and sometimes I wonder where the hysteria comes from. She's buying one this week.

But truly, I was wondering if microwaves were a real threat. I figured we expose ourselves to worse things. What about flying?

Wow, if she's this much fun while she's pg, just imagine once she has the baby. :001_huh: :D

I also try not to drink from plastic that is not BPA-free. Such crazies we are! :lol:

But this is legit. And you should not microwave your food in plastics. I have heard of two studies in the last week, one on early puberty and one on obesity, that named BPA as a problem substance.

But this is legit. And you should not microwave your food in plastics. I have heard of two studies in the last week, one on early puberty and one on obesity, that named BPA as a problem substance.

Yes, this bit of legitimate information I am on board with. :D