Candy

Rum

Lima beans

Cream of Wheat

Oreos

Fruit

Sugar

Rum, Rum, RUM RUM..........

I'm going to be so skinny, all you who like me will hate me, and those of you who hate me will have another reason!!!

My dh was just diagnosed with diabetes. Some things you can do to help:

Drink Hibiscus tea 3 times a day.

Take 2 Tbl. of apple cider vinegar before meals (My dh likes it straight up but you can dilute it with water)

Coconut oil also lowered his blood sugar after meals but it was temporary for him.

I'll still like you, even if you are skinny - at least you'll have lots of candy and rum to share :D.

It's good to have a positive outlook ;). Looking forward to seeing more of the new, healthier, maybe-improved (if that's possible) Remudamom.

Cassy

It depends on how diabetic you are. What I mean is, if your diabetes has been out of control for some time, it may take a while to bring it under control and you will have to be more strict. If you are more on the pre-diabetic side where your numbers have just now crept up past the line, you may be able to bring it under control by monitoring your carbs. A lot of that depends on if your insulin receptors have been burnt out or not. If your body isn't making any insulin at all, you're going to have to go about things differently than if it still is making some.

I'll find out next week.

But so far I bet they'll tell me I can't have

Sugar

Potatoes

Rum

Corn

Sugar

Grits

Pasta

Rum

Nestle's Quik

Sugar

Pop

Candy

Rum

Lima beans

Cream of Wheat

Oreos

Fruit

Sugar

Rum, Rum, RUM RUM..........

I'm going to be so skinny, all you who like me will hate me, and those of you who hate me will have another reason!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Type 2?

FWIW may I suggest the Paleo, or Primal, no carb diet. It will make the haters really intense because you'll be skinny quick!

And it will also make your cells less insulin resistant.

I'm battling the numbers right now. My fingers are so sore.

My DD16 is pre diabetic. She's one of those kids that never met a vegetable or fruit she liked.

I took her to a nutritionalist and she put her on a diabetic diet. She gets "2 carbs" at each of her meals, which is really 30 grams carbs per meal. One carb serving has to be a fruit.

The diet isn't really that hard on her and she has discovered a few fruits she actually likes. She's probably dropped 20 pounds since January. Thankfully my daughter is taking her condition very seriously.

The reason I took her to the doctor and wanted her tested was because she had a dirty neck. I tried scrubbing her neck and it wouldn't come clean. I tried rubbing it with Sea Breeze and her neck stayed dirty. She takes a shower every day and has excellent hygiene so I couldn't figure out why the back of her neck was so dirty. I ended up googling it and the condition is a brown rash called, "Acanthosis nigricans". It's a sign of insulin resistance.