Menu

Nooooooooooooo..Tebow being replaced by Manning

You have got to be kidding me.

I know you're not. There is no emoticon that fits this situation.

Special message to the Broncos: I see what you're doing. You wanted Tim for the jersey sales $$$. Then you needed him, he did way better than anyone said he would, and you reward him by ... replacing him to get MORE jersey sales $$$. Yay for you.

As an Indy resident and Colts fan, I can honestly telling you you're getting a GREAT man. He will do good for your city, for your team...he's just a good guy all around.

But what John Elway has done to Tebow, and what Jim Irsay has done to so many Colts players and coaches, as well as the fans, is shameful. It's not business. Business doesn't *have* to screw with people and established relationships. Business doesn't *have* to be steeped in lies to the public. I hope Tim Tebow gets on a team that supports him and he is able to go above and beyond what he did last year.

I love Peyton(and Eli), just wish that he had decided to sign with 49'ers.

I'm sorry for Tebow fans and I wish him the best in his career, but as a resident of Indianapolis I can assure you that any community will be better off if Peyton Manning moves there. :) We have a new Children's Hospital due to his generosity, and that's only part of the good he's done here. Beyond the football, I mean.

You have got to be kidding me.

I know you're not. There is no emoticon that fits this situation.

Special message to the Broncos: I see what you're doing. You wanted Tim for the jersey sales $$$. Then you needed him, he did way better than anyone said he would, and you reward him by ... replacing him to get MORE jersey sales $$$. Yay for you.

I know.....:glare:

I am not a football fan and won't claim to know much about it. Dh is a die hard, lifetime Denver Broncos fan, he says that makes me one by default. :tongue_smilie: His brother and father are also die hard Broncos fans. I have to say they weren't too happy with Tebow's performance last season, though they thought (hoped?) he had lots of potential he could grow into in the future. They felt being the starting quarterback was too much for him and that he needed to grow into that position.

Putting aside your personal feelings about Tebow's character, you have to admit the Broncos did not do very well last season overall. The men in my family were pretty disappointed about that. Many games dh turned off before they were even over, something very uncharacteristic of him.

As an Indy resident and Colts fan, I can honestly telling you you're getting a GREAT man. He will do good for your city, for your team...he's just a good guy all around.

But what John Elway has done to Tebow, and what Jim Irsay has done to so many Colts players and coaches, as well as the fans, is shameful. It's not business. Business doesn't *have* to screw with people and established relationships. Business doesn't *have* to be steeped in lies to the public. I hope Tim Tebow gets on a team that supports him and he is able to go above and beyond what he did last year.

:rant:TOTALLY DO NOT LIKE JOHN ELWAY.

I hope he goes home to Miami or Jacksonville. I am not a Denver fan or Indy fan-there are some quality individuals out there and Tebow was one of those(so is Manning). I just really hate it for him. Hopefully the fans give Elway and Irsay ****!

And to all posters, I really wasn't trying to stir up trouble on the boards, just venting my frustration. Sorry!!

Edited by ugamom11

:rant:TOTALLY DO NOT LIKE JOHN ELWAY.

I hope he goes home to Miami or Jacksonville. I am not a Denver fan or Indy fan-there are some quality individuals out there and Tebow was one of those(so is Manning). I just really hate it for him. Hopefully the fans give Elway and Irsay ****!

And to all posters, I really wasn't trying to stir up trouble on the boards, just venting my frustration. Sorry!!

What you say is sacrilege! :tongue_smilie: Elway is loved here in CO!! :D

What you say is sacrilege! :tongue_smilie: Elway is loved here in CO!! :D

Unless you're a transplant! I'm not a Broncos fan, but I had fun cheering for them last year because of Tebow. I love the Bears and I'm a Packer fan by marriage, so at least I can go back to ignoring the Broncos.

I'm not a fan of Manning or Elway.

I love Manning and Tebow. I was a Colts fan from the moment Peyton signed with them, but I pulled for the Broncos this year since Peyton was out of commission. I have mixed feelings. I'm so glad Peyton has a new home (though I was pulling for the Titans), but I feel as badly for Tebow as I did when Irsay gave Peyton the boot. I hope Tebow heads to the Dolphins now so he can have a homecoming of sorts. I wish the NFL had more players with the character and integrity of these two guys (too bad the owners don't take notes from these two!). Sigh. Tebow eased my transition to this new team while Peyton was hurt.

I am not a football fan and won't claim to know much about it. Dh is a die hard, lifetime Denver Broncos fan, he says that makes me one by default. :tongue_smilie: His brother and father are also die hard Broncos fans. I have to say they weren't too happy with Tebow's performance last season, though they thought (hoped?) he had lots of potential he could grow into in the future. They felt being the starting quarterback was too much for him and that he needed to grow into that position.

Putting aside your personal feelings about Tebow's character, you have to admit the Broncos did not do very well last season overall. The men in my family were pretty disappointed about that. Many games dh turned off before they were even over, something very uncharacteristic of him.

Yes, that's true. They did not do spectacularly well last season. Tim Tebow didn't exactly give a dazzling performance.

BUT considering what the coaches were doing to him while he was the backup, he did a darn good job. He was made to re-learn everything about football. They wanted him to change every single little thing about how he played. That is HARD when you've been doing something a certain way for years. And if we're being honest, the rest of the team isn't exactly the best in the NFL either. The quarterback is supposed to motivate, organize, and provide a sort of rallying point, but he doesn't play alone by any means.

So, no, he didn't live up to his glory days in Florida, but he did much better than many thought he would. Not every team makes it to the playoffs ... the nature of the game is such that someone has to lose. And he was under tremendous pressure. I think he's done well for a young professional.

I don't have any ill feelings toward Peyton Manning. He's a good guy, too. He just wants to keep playing football. Elway and Irsay, though ... I hope I never meet either of them.

That's all.:toetap05:

Who didn't see Tebow not staying in Denver? He's not the type of quarterback that has instant success (if any) in the NFL. He has issues throwing from the pocket and learning complicated offenses. Basically, Denver signed him and tried to make him into something he was not. He's a fine young man, but he never belonged there.

That said, I don't like the Broncos and really did not want Peyton to go there. I was hoping for Tennessee so he could kick the Colts' butt twice a year for what they did.

They are both wonderful men. Tebow just doesn't have the long, money-making career Peyton has had to be able to finance a new children's hospital, but I am sure in time he will make his mark.

:iagree: I was surprised Peyton didn't pick the Titans, although I guess if he didn't live up to expectations next year he might lose his golden boy status in the state of TN. I was really hoping he'd head home. I know my husband is only one of the thousands of UT fans who are disappointed. I hope he does well even if it isn't for my team.

For those who think Tebow didn't play well last year... He took a team that started the year poorly to the playoffs. I thought that was pretty awesome. BUT - Elway was never on board, so his time was not ever going to be long in Denver. We'll pull for Tebow no matter what team he's on.

All I can say is, "Timmmmy coooome hooooommmmeee!" :) The Jaguars need him for ticket sales and I think he has potential to be a great NFL quarterback.

On the flip side, maybe Denver did not have the best season ever, but they did go to the playoffs with Tebow. He stepped up when he was called on and did his best. He's a great leader as well. I think what Elway did to him stinks.

:iagree: I was surprised Peyton didn't pick the Titans, although I guess if he didn't live up to expectations next year he might lose his golden boy status in the state of TN. I was really hoping he'd head home. I know my husband is only one of the thousands of UT fans who are disappointed. I hope he does well even if it isn't for my team.

For those who think Tebow didn't play well last year... He took a team that started the year poorly to the playoffs. I thought that was pretty awesome. BUT - Elway was never on board, so his time was not ever going to be long in Denver. We'll pull for Tebow no matter what team he's on.

As to the bolded - dh, his brother, and father all felt the Broncos did not deserve to be in the playoffs. According to them they only made it by sheer luck due to the performance of other teams in the league. That's all I know about the Broncos last season other than the other post I made and it is all hearsay. Please don't hold it against me. :tongue_smilie: Best of luck to both Tebow and Manning.

It was logical for Peyton to go to TN, but only because of his ties. Do you know how awkward it would have been though, moving to another AFC team, and in same division as the Colts, no less? For that reason, I'm glad he chose a NFC team. Wish it had been AZ, though.

All I can say is, "Timmmmy coooome hooooommmmeee!" :) The Jaguars need him for ticket sales and I think he has potential to be a great NFL quarterback.

:iagree: We'd love to have him back home in Jax! Heck, they couldn't do much worse and we could really use a player to excite the fans.

It was logical for Peyton to go to TN, but only because of his ties. Do you know how awkward it would have been though, moving to another AFC team, and in same division as the Colts, no less? For that reason, I'm glad he chose a NFC team. Wish it had been AZ, though.

But the Broncos are part of the AFC West.

I just hope that wherever Manning goes, it's not another LaFavre debacle. I, admittedly, have not been paying much attention to any football the past couple of years, but I hope he's not a washed up 'has been' trying to get more out his body than he is able.

I am not, at all, talking about or comparing their uh...personal lives. Football only.

I lived in Denver for 25 years and have been an avid Broncos hater since the late 80s. (Can anyone say, "You hosed yet another Superbowl again, John Elway"?) Pat Bowlen has made yet another dumb move in a series of bad decisions beginning at least with dumping (my beloved) Dan Reeves.:glare::glare::glare:

I have nothing against Manning. I just like Tebow.

Last season, finally, finally, I began cheering for the Broncos again, solely because of Tebow.:hurray:

Stupid me.

Stupid Broncos.:glare:

Oh, and unfortunately for me, I now live in Redskins country, and of course I put Shanahan right in there with the Bowlen/Elway crowd. :tongue_smilie:

:rant:

That's all.:toetap05:

What's not to like? The Bronco's have IMO a good coach who instills solid defense and an effective running game. With Peyton at the helm you will win more games and do well in the playoffs. This very same philosophy brought the Lombardi trophy to Indy.

I think if Tebow can stick it out he has the chance to learn a lot from Peyton.

I strongly dislike the way the NFL has moved to an instant gratification need on QBs. QBs used to have a couple years of sitting on the bench and learning the game at this level or even if they played right away the weren't expected to play well the first couple years.

I think Tebow got the shaft. He has great potential and in a couple years could be amazing. He can lead a team, that's huge! The issues he has as a passer can be coached up after a couple years. I wouldn't mind him coming to Dallas but I don't think he'd learn much from Romo.

I just hope that wherever Manning goes, it's not another LaFavre debacle. I, admittedly, have not been paying much attention to any football the past couple of years, but I hope he's not a washed up 'has been' trying to get more out his body than he is able.

I am not, at all, talking about or comparing their uh...personal lives. Football only.

Not similar at all. Even if he hadn't gotten surgery he still would have been cut/traded. He had a huge multi million dollar payout coming.

The colts are just :insert really bad word here: I don't like at all how they handled this.

Well, poop. We were hoping he'd come back to TN. We miss him horribly.

Ditto to both.

A lot of that was last second miracles that had more to do with pure luck than skill, though. You can't build a franchise on 4th-quarter miracles. He'll find a good fit somewhere, and I remember thinking Jacksonville or Carolina would have been a good home for him when he was drafted.

:001_rolleyes: The only thing that stopped Favre from having another Super Bowl win was those Saints and their injury bounty. I'm from their area, and I called it as dirty at the time.

However, given the number of people who know football who say Peyton's still Peyton, this isn't an issue. He was the Colts, and last season proved it. In Denver he won't have to carry a team of mostly rejects so I look for him to have a good time.

Still, the Titans would have been awesome.