Menu

What's With the 80's Stuff?

Are GIANT shoulder pads coming back, too???

I hope not...:ack2:

Noooo! Please no!

:iagree:

:lol:

DH and I were watching the Golden Girls this weekend and DH commented that Blanche's shoulder pads were big enough to use in the NFL. ODS was walking through the room about that time and spoke up to ask what a shoulder pad was. He could NOT understand why we actually wore those ON PURPOSE.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's cute too! I was thinking more along the lines of these:

http://azbarlow.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html

And I could even settle for some 60's dresses, like the ones in Hairspray, LOL!!:

Hairspray

They are just so big and poofy and feminine! Love them!! Oh and I LOVE all the dresses on the Pan-Am show!! I was hoping the show might help along the come back :)

I LOVE the ones from the first link. From the second...just a bit TOO much for me! :D

Are GIANT shoulder pads coming back, too???

Geez, how could I have forgotten about shoulder pads?!? :ack2:

I really hope those don't make a comeback. Remember the "shoulder pad buildup?" one would get when wearing several items that had shoulder pads in them? :scared:

Yeah, I could do without shoulder pads coming back!

Aw, and I made my husband throw out his inch-wide skinny ties. He had one in electric blue! :lol:

I am waiting for the 1980s American Girl doll. She can't be far behind. That's when I'll really know that I'm old.

Aw, and I made my husband throw out his inch-wide skinny ties. He had one in electric blue! :lol:

I am waiting for the 1980s American Girl doll. She can't be far behind. That's when I'll really know that I'm old.

My daughter has the 1970's AG doll. I die a little on the inside every time I look at it. My youth is not a historical era!

My daughter has the 1970's AG doll. I die a little on the inside every time I look at it. My youth is not a historical era!

:iagree:

I loved the 80s (I was a teen then), but the 1970s were my childhood years. It made me feel old to see that my childhood qualifies as fodder for an AG historical doll series. Yes, I drank Tang, had a terrarium just like that, my grandma sold Tupperware & we had the exact same pitcher & cups, etc.... :tongue_smilie::lol: