Menu

Just need some advice

It just seems lately I can't seem to muster up enough energy to keep up with everything. Sometimes I will sit in a chair in the afternoon and just about fall fast asleep. I know I am not pregnant-that was my first thought! I am still nursing my 12mo. old-quite a bit :) Any suggestions for fast pick-me-uppers that don't require a lot of prep time?

I'd start with getting Vitamin D, thyroid, and iron levels checked. My vitamin D levels are really low, and once I started supplementing it, my energy levels have come up a lot!

With a little one, are you getting enough uninterrupted sleep? Are you eating enough, since you are still nursing?

Hope you figure it out and feel better soon!

Lana

Any suggestions for fast pick-me-uppers that don't require a lot of prep time?

I think it's perfectly normal to feel tired while nursing and even when not nursing, during the afternoon. :grouphug:

Everyone has given great advice. I have lots of info on food, etc.

But for quick relief, which is what you asked for, here are some tips that may be of help.

TO GIVE INSTANT ENERGY

Brush your teeth when you feel tired. The minty-fresh feeling may help wake you up.

Drink a glass of water. Dehydration is often related to fatigue. I try to drink 1 glass of water upon waking up and after each bathroom trip. I stop drinking an hour or so before leaving the house. I also stop drinking around 6 or 7 PM at night.

Jumping Jacks

Walk around the block

Lie on bed with your head hanging off if you KWIM. Get all the blood circulating to your head.

Rinse for as long as you can tolerate in the coldest water that you can tolerate. Feels really good when the cold is on your back and spine. I would often jump in for a quick shower when I was tired during my student years. You can also alternate between hot/warm and ice cold.

Dunk your wrists in a bowl of water with ice cubes OR run them under a very cold faucet.

Peppermint oil-infused air reduces fatigue. Inhaling peppermint causes capillaries to constrict and then dilate, sending a rush of blood through the body, and, as a result, a rush of energizing oxygen.

Listening to whatever music you love

1 spoon of honey – honey will give you energy quickly and keep it there

You are probably anemic, not getting enough sleep, low in serotonin and dehydrated.

Not so much you can do about the sleep, you can made some simple dietary changes that might make a difference to your serotonin levels (they depend on sleep too) and you can certainly cure the anemia and dehydration.

:grouphug:

Rosie