Menu

Ds is being very mean to me and it's my birthday

Ok I am have a terrible day and it's my birthday. Today started out with dh asking ds if he wanted to go to work with him so ds could see the fire parade. Ds didn't answer right away so dh took back his offer and they ended up in a somewhat loud discussion. Bottom ds would rather hang out with his friends. Nice start to my birthday. So ds stayed home. About 2 hours later I told ds we would work on his geometry for the next hour. He had a major meltdown about his friends don't have to do school during the summer yada yada yada. Needless to say Geometry didn't go well. Now ds just found out his best friend is going to the fire parade with his grandmother. Guess where ds now wants to go. Unreal. Needless to say I told him no. Why do I need all this on my birthday. Because of the fireparade dh well eat lots of parade chicken and not want to go out to eat for my birthday. I will probably end up having dinner by myself. What a terrible birthday.

Go out for dinner with friends (it is much cheaper when you are only paying for 1 persons meals/drinks), go watch a movie, hit a coffeeshop or book store, go to a new church for Wednesday service, go to a friend's house, go shopping.....anything. Just get out of the house, if nothing else. :auto:

Don't let your ds and dh ruin what should be a fabulous day. Take charge of it and make it a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday,

Tap

That's not fair!! Sons and husbands of birthday moms are supposed to bend over backwards to make the day special! Boo hiss!!

I agree with the idea that you should gather up some girlfriends (one will do) and go out on your own. If no one's available on short notice, go do something that appeals to you enormously. A walk on the beach? A margarita at your favorite pub?

The only other option I can suggest is that you relax your principles in the name of your sanity. Neither dh nor ds probably "get" what you'd like this day to be about. Of the two, dh is the most likely to understand by means of some "Oh honey, this just isn't what I had in mind" conversation. Perhaps he can make it right, come home and pick you up before he gorges on chicken, and the two (or more) of you can find a way to salvage this day.

If it doesn't all come together by this evening, not to worry. There's still tomorrow, the next day, and more after that. Just make sure you honor yourself in the near future and do something special, even if you have to plan it yourself.

((((Karen)))

and birthday.gif