Menu

Using Grammar Land?

mindygz

dd9 and I are just finishing up FLL3. Reading another thread made me remember Grammar Land, and wondered if those of you who have used it can tell me how you used it and how long it took. We are pretty happy with FLL and I already have FLL4 ready to start, but wondered about taking some time to do Grammar Land, but want to know how others have done it and how long I might expect to spend on it.

Thanks!

We just finished Grammar Land, and we loved it - we're sad it is done. We did a chapter a day, 3-4 days a week, and we read the chapter on the kindle and then DD did the really amazing worksheet that a mom here prepared. I would point you to the link, but I don't have it any longer, I downloaded pdfs of her files. Hopefully someone will read this who has the link. Doing the worksheets added a lot to the learning, I definitely recommend it. It took 20-30 min per session, I think, to read the chapter and do the worksheets (some were longer than others) and I think there are 18 chapters? We did it all during the month of Februrary.

Now we are looking forward to the arrival of MCT Town!

Does this work? If not, search Google Docs for "grammar-land". We just started it recently :) I intend to take about a week per chapter, but my DD is just 2nd grade. We'll stop if it gets too confusing. For an older child who's more familiar with all the parts of speech, I imagine you can go faster! I really enjoy reading it!

Here is a link that should take you to the worksheets. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://docs.google.com/?tab=mo&authuser=0#folders/0B97VumpziE6VZDdhZGQ0YmYtNzhiMi00NTU2LTk3YzItOTNlOGYwNWIyOGRj

I think I'm going to put a link to them in my sig so people can find them easily.

Are you the maker of these great worksheets?:) If so, thank you for sharing them!!!!

Here is a link that should take you to the worksheets. Let me know if it doesn't work.

https://docs.google.com/?tab=mo&authuser=0#folders/0B97VumpziE6VZDdhZGQ0YmYtNzhiMi00NTU2LTk3YzItOTNlOGYwNWIyOGRj

I think I'm going to put a link to them in my sig so people can find them easily.

Excellent. I recently downloaded Grammarland on my Kindle and I am excited to see how these will work before we start Killgallon.

Thanks for the input, all! And thank you, Jessica, for those worksheets! I downloaded them all and am looking forward to starting this week. I think we will try for 2-3 lessons a week, and maybe some Mad Libs on the other day(s). My daughter is doing well with FLL but seems to forget which term goes with which part of speech. She loves stories, so I think GL will be nice for her.

Those worksheets are awesome! I think they are in another league altogether :)

As I move more towards completely CM, I can see Grammarland as a wonderful addition to PLL. We are already doing PLL 3 times a week, and having Grammarland for the other two days would be perfect. I think I'm going to have Librivox read it out loud for us.

This is great.. I need some grammar to finish off the school year, and this looks cool with the worksheets. Thank you for making them Jessica!

Is Grammar Land some old text? I've never heard of it before and am not sure about reading it from the laptop or ipad.

This is great.. I need some grammar to finish off the school year, and this looks cool with the worksheets. Thank you for making them Jessica!

Is Grammar Land some old text? I've never heard of it before and am not sure about reading it from the laptop or ipad.

Yes, it is an old text, and it is available free on kindle and free for other e-readers. We read it from the kindle, and I printed out Jessica's worksheets for dd to do on a clipboard. We did the whole thing on the couch - loved it!

We started today. Thank you to whoever mentioned Librivox! I am still suffering from a nasty cold so reading that much aloud would have been out of the question, but the Librivox recording is great! I think this will be a much needed and enjoyable reinforcement for dd9. And all for free!! :lol: