Menu

Any Dexter fans?!?

My daughter talked me into watching the first season with her on DVD. I was really hesitant and didn't plan to stick with it (honestly didn't think I would like it).

Although I think the premise is pretty awful, I have really enjoyed the show. We finished up season 2 tonight and I already ordered season 3 from Amazon.

Others?

DH and I watched the first two seasons when it was on Netflix, but we haven't continued with it because we didn't want to have to buy the discs to watch once, then sit and collect dust. My sister is collecting the discs, though, so we will probably borrow from her someday and watch the rest.

I wanted to like it because there were many here who did. It didn't interest me that much and for some odd reason, dh was really disturbed by it. He's never asked me not to watch a show but he asked that we never watch that show again. :001_huh: He felt that it was just so gory and that the premise was, well, awful, and that all the show was doing was slowly desensitizing him to violence. :confused:

I'm still so surprised he had such a strong reaction to the show. :confused:

Anyways, we tried to like it. :D Does it get better after the 1st season? I thought it was all pretty weird, but I usually like weird. :lol:

I remember a thread not too long ago (maybe last season?) where a lot of people admitted to watching it. I have watched each season but really care for it less and less with every viewing. Feels like overkill. :glare: No pun intended.

I will admit each season generally has a crazy ending - during each season I tell myself I won't go out of my way to watch it next season but then the ending is usually so crazy or has such a cliff hanger than I figure I'll just watch a few more of the next one... :tongue_smilie:

Love the show, and love the books that started the show - especially since they don't mirror the plot, so I can enjoy them without worrying that it'll ruin my viewing pleasure later!

I love Dexter; in fact, I'm going through withdrawal waiting for the next season. Michael C. Hall is nice to look at, too. Hmmmm, I wonder what he would look like in a kilt? But I digress... I'm glad to know the books are different. I may have to check them out.

I've been a huge fan for years. Dh told me it was disgusting that I watched........then he got sucked in too. I don't know, the premise is horrid, but there's something satisfying about watching all those other bad guys stopped in their tracks.

The books are great too, without all the gratuitous $3x scenes.

Okay, a LOT disturbing. I don't find it a lot more gory than Criminal Minds though, and that and NCIS are the only network shows I ever watch (and I don't always remember those).

I have found a lot of subtle humor (sick, but funny). I find the language unnecessary, and the $3x a little too much for my taste as well. It just keeps you on edge waiting for something to happen.

I just realized this morning that I accidentally ordered TWO season 3s last night. If someone wanted to reimburse me $17, I could send one as soon as they arrive.