Menu

I think we've been using the phrase 'Classical Conversations' too much lately.

If you think it is spam, then report it.

Oh, I'm not trying to do the mod's job. I'm just observing. To me it feels a little spammy but there are undoubtedly millions of homeschoolers who will have a much better homeschooling experience because of the random input of CC directors, tutors, and advertisers all over this WTM board, so who am I to get in the way of that?

Seriously, that was so hilarious. I'm not sure if I believe it was a CC spammer or a hive member that made an extra name for a laugh.

I will say, I have always felt on this forum and a cloth diapering forum that I belonged to that there are members involved that are getting a break of some sort from a company to do serious forum advertising. I think they cover it by posting on other topics as well, but I get a feeling from time to time that someone is more of an advertiser than an unbiased user. I don't know how you'd ever uncover it, though. It makes reading reviews of materials difficult, though, because you aren't sure if you are really getting a neutral opinion.

Edited by staceyobu

Oh, I'm not trying to do the mod's job. I'm just observing. To me it feels a little spammy but there are undoubtedly millions of homeschoolers who will have a much better homeschooling experience because of the random input of CC directors, tutors, and advertisers all over this WTM board, so who am I to get in the way of that?

But you're not doing the mods job when you report something. They get to decide if it crosses the line or not. Personally, I've never done the CC thing because I couldn't figure out how to do something like that and still get the meat that I want to get at home, but I see how many people find it very helpful. Having said that, I don't like the internet teaser thing - I can't remember the name of it but it is a kind of a name dropping spam.

It took me a while to catch on that when they mentioned CC they weren't referring to community college. :tongue_smilie: :lol:

I've noticed a bit of spamming for other programs as well lately. Thought it was a strange time of year for that, but maybe they're looking for people who are wanting to switch programs, or planning for next year, etc..

It took me a while to catch on that when they mentioned CC they weren't referring to community college. :tongue_smilie: :lol:

I've noticed a bit of spamming for other programs as well lately. Thought it was a strange time of year for that' date=' but maybe they're looking for people who are wanting to switch programs, or planning for next year, etc..[/quote']

Between that and Christian content, I can hardly figure out what cc is supposed to stand for...

Wow! Thanks for bringing up CC! That is exactly what I was searching for! Perhaps I should ask the very serious poster who just bumped up an old thread about CC programs in Nebraska! And maybe if I use enough exclamation points everyone will know exactly how serious I am!!!!!!! Woohoo!

:tongue_smilie: