Menu

Silly ? but which preschool workbooks do you like best?

I'm trying to find something for my dd4. She loves to sit at the table and do schoolwork with us so I need to find something fun for her. I've been looking through a few different workbooks at RR and CBD but can't decide which ones to get. I've also looked at the ones from Rod and Staff and like those too, as well as the Spectrum Early Years. What other workbooks have you used and which have you liked best?

Thanks!

Fine-Motor Skills

Coloring, cutting, tracing, folding, drawing, and pasting—the I Can... books and the world-renowned Kumon Workbooks provide hours of productive entertainment. While developing the fine-motor skills he will need for writing, your child will also learn his colors and practice following directions. One of the often-overlooked but really important things he'll learn with this series is the vital skill of staying on task while completing a worksheet. The bite-sized activities are not too hard or long for a preschooler, and staying on task is a skill he'll need for the rest of his life! These seven titles are well-loved by kids and parents alike and are outstanding books, worthy of any child's time and effort.

fold_books.jpgicanpaste.jpg

Developing the Early Learner sold by Sonlight and Rainbow Resource. They are not your typical preschool workbooks with letters and numbers. They are for developing auditory/visual processing and memory. We haven't needed all 4, though, because they got redundant after a while. I did books 1, 2, and 3 with one of my dds and with my current 4yo I'll be doing 1, 3 and 4.

I do like Kumon, too. We used the handwriting when dd was 3yo. Won't use those again because I will teach cursive first with my next. But if you are okay with learning capitals first, Kumon does it well. I also have used the maze books and the cutting/craft books. My almost 4yo especially loves them.

School zone has a huge variety of workbooks, you can pick them up at WalMart for a couple of dollars each. I also grabbed some at the dollar store that dd loves. Most of the school so.e books have letter amd number practice, color review, comparisons, some early phonics, sequencing, and more. My kids love the variety.

My absolute favorites are the Comprehensive Curriculum Books. I love the phonics pages and reading comprehension pages in the first and second grade books. I picked them up at Sams for about $10.

Our Dollar Tree has really cute workbooks with Disney, Sesame Street and some cute generic themes. I get those for my small girl to work in. Usually each workbook is a different topic: numbers, colors, shapes, ABCs. And they are a $1 each.

This is where I got ds's workbooks that he fiddles in. They also have matching flash cards for all the workbooks at my local Dollar Tree.

They also had the bingo markers...the do-a-dot markers. They have them in 6 different colors. I grabbed all colors for my ds. He loves them and they were only $1 each!

We liked the Mead Preschool Workbook you can get at places like Wal-Mart. It was inexpensive and was a good way to start the habit of sitting down and doing schoolwork for us. It has a little bit of everything so you don't have to buy a whole bunch of different workbooks. The only section we didn't like was the pre-writing shapes because we are still far from being ready for caring what his handwriting looks like. He liked it a lot better than any of the workbooks we have now, like the Kumon ones and other more expensive stuff. He still asks for it.

Our Dollar Tree has really cute workbooks with Disney, Sesame Street and some cute generic themes. I get those for my small girl to work in. Usually each workbook is a different topic: numbers, colors, shapes, ABCs. And they are a $1 each.

This is where I got ds's workbooks that he fiddles in. They also have matching flash cards for all the workbooks at my local Dollar Tree.

They also had the bingo markers...the do-a-dot markers. They have them in 6 different colors. I grabbed all colors for my ds. He loves them and they were only $1 each!

We have a bunch of this stuff. DD loves them. We found my little pony books too.