Menu

Teaching Texbooks poll

Zebra

Which parts of Teaching Textbooks do you use?  

1. 1. Which parts of Teaching Textbooks do you use?

• Just the workbook and answer key.
    • Just the CD's.
    • I use everything!
    • I have used different things for different levels.
    • OTHER/I feel left out and want to answer the poll too!

With one ds he uses only the textbook and I use the answer key :D. My ds had issues with the yellow notebook paper on the screen :tongue_smilie:.

My two other dc use mainly the cds only. They have worked in their workbooks but it's few and far between.

I do like owning the workbooks though because it's easier to look up a answer that was wrong and when I'm getting my lessons in order I can look through the workbook to see what's ahead.

Edited by Homeschooling6

I agree with the above poster.

When we did the early levels (up through TT 7), we used the CDs only. We very rarely opened the book. He would enter the answers on the CD and go from there. He had a notebook for scratch paper, too.

Now that he's in pre-algebra, he's using just the textbook. He hasn't reached for a single CD yet. He completes all work on notebook paper and files it in his notebook binder.

We have the earlier edition, so you can't enter the answers on the CDs for pre-algebra and up.

My dd mainly uses the CDs. I went ahead and ordered the workbook again this year since it's really not that much more. I say get them if there is a chance your child may need to do school away from home at some point. My dd likes to go with her nana to visit her great grandmother and they frequently stay 3-4 days. It really comes in handy to just pack that workbook so she at least gets her math done. When she comes home, she can enter her answers (or not) on the cd. If you never do school away from home then I would skip it.

Sandy

I was going to say that I use everything, but I voted that I used different things for different levels, but that is mostly because with the lower levels I don't need to use the answer book because it is graded right on the computer.

(Wow, way to start off my relationship with this group with a run-on sentence. :blushing:)

Only cds. But we aren't into the HIGHER levels yet. ;)

Except for the two highschool levels they "redid" you need to use everything, with the younger levels you don't. I didn't even buy the workbooks because I heard from SOOOOOO many sources that they weren't needed and weren't used when purchased.

For the lesson she is working on, dd just uses the cd - meaning she watches the explanation, the practice problems, then dives into the problems w/o looking at the book. The problems include items from previous chapters, however (it's very spiral), and for those she sometimes looks in the textbook if she has forgotten something (this seems to happen a lot with Roman numerals).

I look in the table of contents, just to keep track of what's coming up. Neither of us has looked at the answer keys.