Menu

Unit studies?

Laura in MI

KONOS. (The KONOS site works better on Mozilla Firefox than on IE.) My only regret with KONOS was that we started hsing before all three volumes were written so I only was able to use one of them (Vol. 2). :)

KONOS is a unit study based on godly character traits such as attentiveness, obedience, courage, and inquisitiveness. It covers Bible, history, geography, science, arts and crafts, drama, literature (you'll need to add age-level English and math).

I'm thinking Volume 1 would be your best choice.

KONOS. (The KONOS site works better on Mozilla Firefox than on IE.) My only regret with KONOS was that we started hsing before all three volumes were written so I only was able to use one of them (Vol. 2). :)

KONOS is a unit study based on godly character traits such as attentiveness, obedience, courage, and inquisitiveness. It covers Bible, history, geography, science, arts and crafts, drama, literature (you'll need to add age-level English and math).

:iagree:Hands-down, no questions asked, best unit studies ever written. My kids loved them and learned so much. Plus, we had FUN!! If you aren't into gathering your own supplies and getting your own books from the library, check out KONOS-in-a-box. Otherwise, yes, Volume 1 would be perfect for your kids.

:iagree:Hands-down, no questions asked, best unit studies ever written. My kids loved them and learned so much. Plus, we had FUN!! If you aren't into gathering your own supplies and getting your own books from the library, check out KONOS-in-a-box. Otherwise, yes, Volume 1 would be perfect for your kids.

This is awesome. It's even a semester long which is what we need. I'd definitely get KONOS in a box though, we don't have a very good library. :D Which KONOS in a box should I get though? Attentiveness, Obedience, or Orderliness? Is there a difference in the age they're targeted too, it says they're all for K-8?

Thanks!

This is awesome. It's even a semester long which is what we need. I'd definitely get KONOS in a box though, we don't have a very good library. :D Which KONOS in a box should I get though? Attentiveness, Obedience, or Orderliness? Is there a difference in the age they're targeted too, it says they're all for K-8?

Thanks!

You don't need the library to do KONOS. Very few of the activities are actually related to any library books, and there are so many activities that you can choose from a boatload of others and learn just as much.

Each volume of KONOS is good for at least two years. Vol. 1 is best if your oldest dc is, oh, 9; Vol. 2 if your oldest is 9-12, Vol. 3 if your oldest is 11-13 (you teach to the oldest dc and let the littles come along). Technically you can do all of them with all ages, but unless there have been major revisions since I used them (and there could have been; the author doesn't seem to feel the need to check with me on things like that :lol: ) those were the ages that really seemed best.