Menu

Today I am having an open house for dh's 50 th birthday....

And I am a nervous wreck!! This is dh's love language...parties and presents....and everyone going an extra mile for him....

I have cooked most of the food....invited the guests....cleaned the house....keptvthe kids relatively sane.....

Now, to set up the platters, move some tables....and be a great hostess....

Not easy for an introvert...who would really rather just have a small inimate dinner and calm glass of wine.....sigh.....

So, if it is in your heart...please pray for me today...between 3-7....that I can overcome my introvertedness for the day, that I have enough food and drinks....that the kids all behave and have fun.....that tonight, I don't pull myself into a fetal position and fall apart when it is all over......

I am not good at the party thing....which is what dh loves the most:tongue_smilie:

This is the first really big gathering we have had in 8 years......

GAH!!!!!!

Faithe

I will be thinking and praying for you -- and it sounds as if you are going to host a wonderful party!

HB to your DH!:party:

And.......have the glass of wine anyway!;) When the party's over, forget the fetal position, kick off your shoes, have another glass of wine, sit down and put your feet up!;)

What a lovely gift for you to give your husband. He will always remember this day, and it will be more meaningful to him because he knows this is not what you are comfortable doing. What a good wife!!!

I look forward to hearing about it all! You will be FINE!!! It is only for a small part of your day. You will enjoy yourself and you will be glad you did this.

I will be thinking and praying for you -- and it sounds as if you are going to host a wonderful party!

HB to your DH!:party:

And.......have the glass of wine anyway!;) When the party's over, forget the fetal position, kick off your shoes, have another glass of wine, sit down and put your feet up!;)

:iagree:

CUPCAKE wine.:lol:

You are going to do FINE! Food, friends, wine. What could possibly be lacking?

Remember these people aren't strangers...they are people who love your dh. That gives you something wonderful in common.

Smile, breathe deeply, and don't stress about it. People will love the food and the company.

Can't wait to hear all the details!

Party done and cleaned up. Dh loves every minute...and in had fun too. House was PACKED. I did have enough food....and wine...even dh's college room ate drove 3 hours to be here with us. The little kids had a ball with their friends and made the diay extra special by giving dh cots of love and hugs.

I survived intact....now to get to sleep. Thanks for the prayers....

Faithe