Menu

Best way to ship?

I am shipping some cards, worth about $500 together. I need them to be well insured.

Should I ship UPS or FedEx?

Would you even bother with USPS?

They don't need to get there by Christmas, but I do plan to try to get them as close as possible.

I need to ship SOON today.

Thank you,

Dawn

I'd just send them Express Mail, insured. It's cheaper than UPS/FedEx, takes the same amount of time, has coverage...

I've had many fewer issues with things getting lost with USPS than other carriers, and if they're insured then you can replace them easily should something happen.

I worry about USPS because last time I insured something for over $100 the postal worker got very curt with me and said that if there is ANY problem, I have to be able to prove THEY are at fault or they won't pay.

It makes me nervous.

Were you also sending the thing Express? I know express is expensive (I think a flat rate envelope is $18), but that's the most tracked piece of mail (If I remember correctly). You can get the postage returned if it's not delivered on time.

Honestly, people have complaints about every parcel service. People post here about USPS/FedEX/UPS packages being misdelivered all the time. You'll be taking some kind of risk, but at this late date, I'd want to send things overnight. At least you'll know very quickly if it didn't get there.

No, I have never sent anything express through USPS.

Were you also sending the thing Express? I know express is expensive (I think a flat rate envelope is $18), but that's the most tracked piece of mail (If I remember correctly). You can get the postage returned if it's not delivered on time.

Honestly, people have complaints about every parcel service. People post here about USPS/FedEX/UPS packages being misdelivered all the time. You'll be taking some kind of risk, but at this late date, I'd want to send things overnight. At least you'll know very quickly if it didn't get there.

Their refund policy is :boxing_smiley: pretty stacked in their favor.

I worry about USPS because last time I insured something for over $100 the postal worker got very curt with me and said that if there is ANY problem, I have to be able to prove THEY are at fault or they won't pay.

It makes me nervous.

if they are cards - I don't know that it matters which service you use. I would have them well insured. ups and fedex both have tracking numbers - it is extra for usps, but definitely get one. you might even want a return recipet so you know it was actually delivered.