Menu

CHRISTMAS: My youngest is a 5 year old boy...

All of my 5 year old boys love the Imaginext toys. We started getting them when my oldest was 4, and have added over the years. They are the best investment, other than Legos that we've ever made.

This year they are getting the Aircraft carrier. If they didn't already have so many castles, I would get them the Ninja castle.

last year I got my 5 yr old a bunch of Schleich-like dinosaurs...they were THE hit! he and the 3 yr old still play with them almost daily. the knights/horses are a fave too. and he's very into imaginext stuff, he has a few of the batman sets.

sorry for little punctuation, nursing baby while typing

Last night I bought a flat "underbed" type plastic box with lid at Goodwill, and I'm going to fill it with cheap sand from the hardware store. Indoor sandbox! (Which will can an outdoor sandbox come spring).

Other winners: Schleich knights, Playmobil, books, a notebook (ala Blue's Clues) and pencil, and Legos of course.

:svengo: You are one brave woman! Or you have the most angelic 5 year old boy in the history of mankind. ;):lol:

No, I just train my children to not make messes and they mind their mum.

:001_huh: :blink: :001_rolleyes: :tongue_smilie::smilielol5:

Just kidding. I'm sure the newspaper stack and vacuum will get quite a workout.

Our son is nearly 5 and loves Lego and Imaginext products. We are also getting him a foam disc shooter with alien targets. Dh wants to have "fights" with him. I think he will love that. He enjoys playing Sorry and other games. Videos. Tape measure or other tools that he could really use. Most any kind of project type kit that is artistic or creative or can build or do science experiments, etc. He also has his eye on the Leap Frog Explorer, but I don't know how much he would love it. Transformers.

My DS is almost 5 (in Jan)

His favorites:

Legos

Tinkertoys

Zoobs

Snap circuits

Wooden blocks-especially Tegu magnetic ones

Marble Run

Hexabits

Oh yes, how could I forget Tinkertoys. My 5yo has suddenly found a great love for these (after having them sit around the house, untouched, for 2 years). Maybe 5 is the magic number for this? :tongue_smilie: