Menu

Pinterest - why does one need an "invite" and how does one get one?

in the "olden days" I would go thru magazines, find recipes, or photos of

clothes, painted walls, decorating tips, how to do, or crafts and cut them out of the magazine with intentions to file them to look at later.

With pinterst, you go thru the magazines and PIN the items you like on your own album.

Others can follow you or you follow them...

I enjoy it.

You have to be invited via email, I don't know why, but that is the deal. You can post it here, or PM me, and I will invite you.

I don't know why you need an invite, but I lurves pinterest! I used to bookmark a million things and then later have no idea what they were for unless I went through them one at a times (yawn). With pinterest, I just pin it and can go to my boards later and see a photo of what I pinned and click on it to go directly to the page/post/site where I pinned it. It is genius. ♥♥♥

May I ask a related question? I received an invite, wanted to join, love the idea of pinterest...

But does it require a Facebook account?

I am one of the last Facebook holdouts. Does that mean I'm out of luck on pinterest?

(Sorry to get off the topic a bit, but the question seemed related... )

May I ask a related question? I received an invite, wanted to join, love the idea of pinterest...

I am one of the last Facebook holdouts. Does that mean I'm out of luck on pinterest?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd like to know. I'll be:lurk5:. Another Facebook holdout here.

You have to be invited via email, I don't know why, but that is the deal. You can post it here, or PM me, and I will invite you.

I never had an invite and I'm on it. I just visited the website, said I'd like to join, and eventually got an email saying I could sign up.

When I see something online that I'd like to sew or craft (for example), I "pin" it to my Pinterest sewing or crafting boards. I put a little widget on my computer for it. It's like bookmarking, but with pictures instead of words.

You can use a Twitter acct. I set one up just for Pinterest but I don't use it. I am not on FB.

Ugh. So you have to be on either facebook or twitter to do it? :glare: I am a facebook dropout. I wound up wasting too much time on it. I fear I might do the same with pinterest.

Thanks for the offers for invites! I appreciate it. I will send a pm if I decide to sign up.

You can set up an account using just your email address. I have a Facebook account, but I don't have it associated with my Pinterest account.

You don't really "need" an invite. I signed up very recently, and while it said I needed an invite and they would add me to the waiting list or whatever (I don't remember how it was phrased) they sent me a membership confirmation less than a week later.

Pinterest is addictive once you figure out how to use it.