Menu

OK Hive, you can do this! Movie recommendations for both a history buff & a romantic?

My father doesn't like anything except good historic movies. My mom thinks history is a snoozefest and likes a good romance or comedy. My dad isn't a huge fan of romance and apparently doesn't find anything funny anymore. They spend virtually all their time in separate rooms, which for some reason, after all these years, still bothers me.

Can you help them get in the same room for a movie? :lol: Any era is agreeable. Isn't that helpful? :D

I am not sure if they would be up for subtitles, but I just watched Life is Beautiful. It was amazing! It takes place in Italy(the movie is in Italian)during the time of Nazi control. The love story between the main character and the women he eventually marries is a beautiful story. The love that this man has for his son is incredible! This man uses his gift of humor to protect his son from all that is going on around them. I think it would do a good job of covering both requirements. Here is a link so you can see more. I can not even begin to give this movie justice. Hope this helps. :001_smile:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/