Menu

Ideas for Family Christmas presents to out of town siblings?

On both my husband's and my side we exchange presents with one of the siblings and their families per year. Its like drawing names, but it actually rotates so we get a chance to give to everyone. The two families we have this year have 3-5 teens/young adults plus the parents. It is not expected or required to give individual gifts, but rather a gift to the whole family. We usually give a movie or a game but even that is a little hard and I usually have to ask the wife/mom if they have what we are considering. I am looking for other ideas. We dont typically spend more than $30 but would consider up to maybe $50 if the idea was really cool.

Oh and it has to be mailed.

Thanks!

Send a game directly from amazon -- I've made returns to amazon without much fuss.

Find out what the local cinema chain and send a movie pass package (tickets, popcorn, drinks).

Put together a movie night or game night box with things for a national chain like Target and include a gift receipt. Slippers, throw blankets, popcorn, games and dvds can all be purchased at one discount store chain. You can put them all in one box to mail with the gift receipt.

You are describing my family (although I don't have young teens anymore :001_smile:).

If you want something the whole family can enjoy, unique snack items are a good bet. Shop the aisles of a place like World Market.

Any tea drinkers? Try this site: https://www.strandtea.com/

Get them certs. to convert VHS to digital so they can watch family memories together. I currently have a bunch of my vhs tapes in process here: http://www.scandigital.com/?gclid=CMbHsr6K16wCFdAEQAodYHdpqQ See if you can find a groupon or coupon for this site. They run them frequently.

Browse Overstock.com for ideas. Shipping is free (1st order) or $2.99

What about a gift pass to someplace they'd enjoy visiting often? We're getting my sister and her family a Zoo Pass- the beauty of those is there is an association that a lot of the zoos and aquariums across the country are part of, so they are reciprocal. If you buy the pass for one specific zoo, it's also good when the family travels. The passes tend to range depending on how deluxe a package you want to go. We've gotten other people museum passes before as well.

An ice cream maker with a ice cream recipe book

Fun cookie cutters, a baking cookbook and ingredients in a big bowl to make cookies together

A movie night basket - popcorn popper, popcorn, candies, and a gift card for red box (they don't have one specifically, but you could do a plain vanilla credit card)

Family game night bundle of board and games that are age appropriate

Tickets to a show in their area

Tickets to an attraction in their area or a membership to a museum or other attraction like children's museum or science center for the family

A family "experience" gift from a place like Cloud 9 or other seller of packaged experience options (but, perhaps look up the experience and buy directly from the merchant since it's usually a lot less to buy directly)