Menu

Recipes using Feta Cheese

I need some recipes using feta cheese. DH is a middle school teacher and recently held a "Greek Olympics Day" with his students. Their activities included some food. Obviously, his students were not fans of feta cheese since dh brought home 3 unopened containers of feta cheese for me! He doesn't care for it, but I do. I'd like to try some recipes using it!

Very yummy! It is best to find a place that sells block feta.

1 lb feta (French feta blends well)

½ lb cream cheese (8 oz)

¼ lb unsalted butter (1 stick)

1 clove garlic – minced very fine

2 tbsp wine wine (optional)

1 tsp white pepper (I leaves out)

Blend in food processor till very smooth

¾ cup sundried tomatoes

optional: parsley, fresh basil, green onion

Line a 6†round mold with saran wrap. Put in ½ the tomatoes (rehydrated) sprinkle with basil and toasted sesame seeds. Then add ½ the feta mixture, then the rest of the tomatoes, basil and the remaining feta mixture. Cover with saran wrap and keep in refrigerator at least 24 hours to firm.

I split it into two and freeze one. It freezes really well and makes an excellent emergency appetizer.

Stuffed Feta Burgers

Mix Worchestershire Sauce and Montreal Steak Seasoning into ground meat. Make a ball out of a piece, make an indentation in the ball, put the feta in that and close the ball around the meat. Cook. Add tzatziki sauce on the bread. Mmmmmmmm.....

chicken breast stuffed with feta and spinach. Flatten a few chic breasts, sauté spinach and maybe garlic -- whatever you like, mix in the feta), stuff *can add a piece of mozzarella or other cheese if you like), roll, dip in egg, flour (and breadcrumbs if you like), own fry then bake. You can use the pan drippings and a bit of wine for a nice sauce.

YUM!

For simpiler fare, we love it on pizza or sprinkled on spaghetti (instead of parmesan).