Menu

"I've about had all I've had!"

Today has been a busy day, and the boys are excited because it's a birthday and grandparents are arriving on Saturday for a week. It's also the time of the month where I'm a little bit less rational than usual.

Anyway, they were in the pantry being crazy and getting snack. A bowl of goldfish crackers was dropped. I hollered "Get your snack and get downstairs!! I've got a headache, and I've about had all I've had!!"

As soon as I said it, I realized it wasn't what I meant to say. It was effective, though....4 boys headed downstairs and the 1 (ds11) who dropped his goldfish stayed in the pantry and was cleaning it up.

I heard squeaking sounds from the pantry. I thought maybe he was crying, and I went to apologize for yelling. Sure enough, his shoulders were shaking and he had tears rolling down his face. Then I realized he was stifling hysterical laughter.

He looked up at me and said "What on earth did you MEAN to say?!?"

That made me :lol:.

Edited by JudoMom

:lol: Oh my! I hope your day gets better. This comic was placed on our refrigerator in my honor:

ETA: Hmm. That didn't work. Try this link http://www.bizarrocomics.com/?p=1832 . It is the second cartoon down with the mother and baby giraffe. Actually, I am sure he is not a baby giraffe but most likely a teenage son.

Edited by swimmermom3

:lol: Oh my! I hope your day gets better. This comic was placed on our refrigerator in my honor:

ETA: Hmm. That didn't work. Try this link http://www.bizarrocomics.com/?p=1832 . It is the second cartoon down with the mother and baby giraffe. Actually, I am sure he is not a baby giraffe but most likely a teenage son.

That's a good one!

I had a dog named Xanadu in my younger years.

One day my mother has so angry with her for *something* she yelled

Xammit Danadu

From then on when ever I say a slip up like yours---I say "Xammit"

Should I admit DH has made almost the same mistake on occasion? :tongue_smilie: (and I'm being serious here....lol)

My own favorite Mother/Daughter childhood memory was the first time I ever said a "wordy dird" (as we children jokingly called dirty words) in front of my mother at the age of 17. It slipped out in the heat of the moment, and I cringed waiting to hear her usual response (as often heard with other siblings/cousins).........."a southern lady is never VULGAR")

Instead, Her response, equally heated, was priceless...........

"Dam**t Xan, you have a vocabulary, use it....." :001_huh:

I looked at her, she looked at me and we both laughed so hard we cried....(I still chuckle thinking about it)....:lol: