Menu

Exercise thread 11/13-11/19

Zumba was cancelled last night for a party, which I didn't know until I walked into the party wearing my workout clothes!:001_huh::tongue_smilie:

I didn't do 30 Day Shred this morning, but we have a HORRIBLE night last night and my heart wasn't in it this morning. It's too cold and rainy to do the track today.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Someone thought I was wearing glitter when I walked out of Zumba class tonight. Ya. It was sweat. :lol:

No one would think my sweat is glitter.

I don't look so pretty. I look like a ripe tomato and people ask me if they need to call 9-1-1:tongue_smilie:

This is me as well.

1.25 yesterday and 1.5 today.

I eventually want to be at 3 miles a day. I don't think, for a lot of reasons, that I will ever jog. Walking seems plenty for me. But I can't decide whether to work on going faster or walking longer times to get me to the goal. Any thoughts from all you awesome, experienced exercisers?

1.25 yesterday and 1.5 today.

I eventually want to be at 3 miles a day. I don't think, for a lot of reasons, that I will ever jog. Walking seems plenty for me. But I can't decide whether to work on going faster or walking longer times to get me to the goal. Any thoughts from all you awesome, experienced exercisers?

Both. Have short fast walks and then long leisurely walks.

I would aim for long walks at least until you are walking for an hour several times a week.

Once you are strong enough to easily walk an hour a few times a week, then I'd suggest having a variety of walks. Some short and hilly (so harder). Some short and fast (because you are short on time). Some long and slower. Variety is good for lots of reasons. In general, as long as you are breaking a sweat and occasionally getting a bit out of breath (not the whole walk!), then you are getting a good workout!

I'm going to try to join this thread and post more regularly.

I've done several different weights and other moves - magazine stuff. Dd and I clipped out lots of magazine exercises and put them in plastic sheets and a nice folder. Love doing stuff like that. Working out to my favorite music makes a change from the usual DVDs. I crave variety. :)

Will soon do some yoga poses and stretches.

60 min Body Combat followed by 45 min of BOSU conditioning (had to leave early). Today was tough but good. I finished 2.5 hours ago and I still feel kind of pumped up and jello-y.

This weekend I will be at the ILs so I won't be able to go to the gym. I'm hoping to use their treadmill, do some conditioning, maybe tabata drills, and use youtube to do Body Combat. Now I said it and have to hold myself accountable! I think getting up early and getting in a workout will help with the stress of the hectic schedule this weekend.

Max Cardio Conditioning (Insanity), Ab Ripper X (P90X), and Kickboxing class (no sparring).

Show off. :p ;)

Just Zumba this morning. My instructor announced that she was still going to have class Wed. evening too. I'm SO excited! Gotta pre-burn some of those Thanksgiving calories! :lol:

I'm getting back into running....can I join you?

My mother passed away in May. So much time went by without doing any running at all I decided to start the C25K from the beginning. Before she died, I was running 3 or 4 miles, 3 or 4 times a week.

Now I'm up to Week 7 of C25K (I think....whichever week has you running for 25 minutes). I finished that week's workouts today. Actually, I ended up running 3.5 miles because I wanted to just go one more lap then one more.....LOL

Am about to start a new DVD - Bar Method: Fat Free - ballet-based workout - excited to start this :D

Tip:

3 Keys to Slow Down Aging in All Your Body’s Cells – today, 1st one (and will do the other two in the next 2 days):

Exercise for half an hour a day