Menu

How are you using TT?

happycc

How are you using TT?

Are you supplementing it?

With what?

Wondering how the rest of you are using it creatively.....

The 9 yrs old are using it as daily review-5 days a week and one grade ahead so far. They love it. They either write in book then follow with cds or vice versa. Their choice.

The 9 yrs old are also using Key to Fractions and Hands On Algebra.

I have MEP ready to go for the summer and I have Singapore Challenging Word Problems on order.

I just ordered TT for the 7yrs old and she is using Right Start B. We will see if she can transfer what she learned from Right Start B into TT to get ready for the standards. The charter school is having the kids do Study Island and she is not scoring well on Study Island at all.

Edited by happycc

I try to have my boys do at least 1 lesson every day, six or seven days a week. I am supplementing with the Critical Thinking Co. math workbooks, such as Balance Math, and I have Life of Fred on order to work through, as well. I might even add in some Singapore workbooks. :) The TT lessons don't take very long, so I don't think it is unreasonable to have them do one lesson in the morning and a supplemental workbook page or drill game on the computer in the afternoon. The levels of TT don't take a whole year to go through at that pace (maybe 5 or 6 months at the most), and I don't want the boys to take big breaks without doing math. If they aren't ready to move up a level, we'll work on Singapore or Life of Fred, etc. until they are ready to start the next level of TT.

Right now, my oldest son is working on grade level with TT because we are catching up. He had a rough time with math a year or two ago, but is doing so much better now. In fact, he just took the Oregon standardized testing for 4th grade and met the standards (close to exceeding standards) and he is only on lesson 30 of TT4. My middle son is working 1-2 years ahead of grade level, and my youngest son (who loves math) has even competed about 20 lessons of TT3. :)

My 14yo is using it as is. She is doing Pre-Alg 2.0 so she can catch up on all the stuff we didn't get to in MUS because we were behind in that. She just does one lesson a day. She has sometimes watched a MUS video to understand or review a concept that doesn't make sense to her in TT.

Last year, our first year using TT, we used TT5 with no supplementing (except for doing the Times Tales video and playing Timez Attack).

This year, we are doing TT6 and are also using Life of Fred one time per week for fun. I had just thought it sounded cool with the story format and wanted to see if my daughter would enjoy it. So far she does. If she decided she didn't, I'd drop it and just use TT.

My ds7 is using TT3 and working through Miquon math aswell. I find he flies through a TT lesson (in about 10 min) and he likes Miquon too so he doesn't mind using both and I feel like he is getting more math each day than if he just used TT. He loves TT and so I think we will stick with it for the long haul.

My son is working on TT5. I have him work for at least an hour, five days a week. My son loves math and has no problem working this long. He's severely dyslexic and doing TT has given him a big dose of self confidence. Having all the problems read aloud to him is what really drew me to TT.

I've been thinking about adding Prof B.

Edited by Shellers