Menu

Any bad homeschoolclassified experiences?

Joy at Home

I have had only good experiences there with e-mailing and buying/selling my used curriculum. Use your normal procedures for buying used online, ask questions about the product and say specifically the condition you won't accept (example on PaperBackSwap I see people request from non-smoking homes and hardbacks without covers). If it doesn't feel right or the person does something to cause you a little discomfort, be patient and wait for another listing :c).

I have had mostly good experiences, but not too long ago I had a scare. The seller dragged her feet and sent several excuses for why she hadn't sent the items yet. She also took a long time answering e mails. I'm not sure if her excuses were true, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt at the time. When I went back to try to find her list of items so I could check feedback, her list was gone and I could find no trace of her on the site. I was certainly relieved when the package finally showed up--though a couple of the items were misrepresented and i would not have paid the price she was asking had I known.

I had one bad experience there.

I bought some hardcover books, and when they arrived they reeked of cat pee and the pages were 'glued' together with a crystallized yellow substance.

I contacted the seller who said,

"Oops, sorry. My cat must have another bladder infection."

She did refund my money though. :tongue_smilie:

I bought some hardcover books, and when they arrived they reeked of cat pee and the pages were 'glued' together with a crystallized yellow substance.

Eeeeeeeewwww!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Well, despite most of our positive experiences, it IS a risk -- no matter where you go -- when you buy and sell used materials.

Lucinda

:blink:

You think she would have noticed that when she packaged them. Yuck.

Lisa

I had a bad experience there. The lady was selling the 5/4 Saxon book and answer key. I had gotten the answer key but the book was NOT in the package. There was a tiny hole in the corner of the package but there was NO way the book fell out.

I contacted the seller and she made up tons of excuses. I even emailed her pictures of the package and how it wasn't even big enough to fit the book in it and got bunches of excuses. She said she would replace the book, and never did.