Menu

The time has come to replace my Diva. (female content)

I've had this one for 3 years now and for about 2 1/2 years of that time I've loved it. But for the past few months it has been giving me trouble and I'm thinking maybe I need to get a new one.

I chose the Diva instead of the Keeper because of the latex issue. I'm not allergic, but I just didn't want to deal with that at all. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should get a Mooncup.

Any Diva users out there who switched to a different cup?

How long do you usually use your cup before replacing it?

I bought a Divacup last year. Overall, I liked it, but I had occasional leakage issues - that weren't operator error, so I stopped using it. I'm debating upon getting either a Mooncup, or a Lunette, but I'm leaning more towards the Mooncup since the Lunette looks more similar to the Diva.

Funny, I've never heard anyone mention these, and they came up for discussion on another board I frequent within the past week as well.

Funny, I've never heard anyone mention these, and they came up for discussion on another board I frequent within the past week as well.

When we had Ye Olde WTM Board of Yore the subject came up quite often. Probably once a month, anyway! You could feel the collective "groan." Soon someone will chime in here and say that she loves her Instead. Just wait! :lol:

I've had this one for 3 years now and for about 2 1/2 years of that time I've loved it. But for the past few months it has been giving me trouble and I'm thinking maybe I need to get a new one.

I chose the Diva instead of the Keeper because of the latex issue. I'm not allergic, but I just didn't want to deal with that at all. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should get a Mooncup.

Any Diva users out there who switched to a different cup?

How long do you usually use your cup before replacing it?

I just bought a Mooncup on Ebay. My Diva leaks so I thought I'd try it. A seller is selling them for $30 including shipping. There are a few more. Just type in mooncup in the search. If you buy on the uk website the price starts at $39.

HTH some,

Cheri

Can someone give me a rundown on the differences/pros/cons between a Diva, Instead, Mooncup, Keeper...? I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge on one of them, but don't want to spend a fortune trying to figure out what one I want.

And, a gross question. Do you just wash the cup out in the sink and re-insert?? What about in a public place? Do you sterilzie the Mooncup in between cycles?? Anything else I need to know?

Isn't Mooncup Frank Zappa's daughter?;)

Your line of thinking was way more appropriate than mine. I'm sitting here cringing at the mingling of horses and feminie hygiene products, and the use of the expression "take the plunge" anywhere close to a thread about Diva Cups.

scared001.gif

;););)

I bought a Diva cup about a year ago. I feel certain I was swayed by an Old Board discussion, though I was at least already familiar with them. Seeing as how it's not the sort of instrument you can sample first, I just dove right in (ack....more bad word choices!!!). Nothing I tried made Diva fit correctly. Not trimming the little nibby thing at the end. Not all manner of origami-like folding techniques. Nuttin'.

So, I went back to my Sea Pearls sponges. They seem to suit me just fine. And, in case inquiring minds are too shy to ask, Pearls can be requested in small or large size by communicating directly with the great folks at Jade & Pearl. There is quite a difference in the two sizes. I got one package of each.:blush:

This is a great comparison site! http://sew-in-love.com/menstrual-cups.html

I have a mooncup. I used to use a keeper, but was able to get the mooncup on sale for about $15.00 from a friend who orders through Frontier wholesale co-op.

I love my mooncup. It's much softer than the keeper. I'm just curious, does anyone have their daughters using this alternative? and how did you introduce it?

Thanks,

~Phlox

Your line of thinking was way more appropriate than mine. I'm sitting here cringing at the mingling of horses and feminie hygiene products, and the use of the expression "take the plunge" anywhere close to a thread about Diva Cups.

scared001.gif

;););)

:lol::D:lol:

...take the plunge...:smilielol5:

I love my Keeper but hate my Diva. I bought my Keeper in 2002 and only used it one month before getting pregnant and then not needing it for 9 months plus 14 months after birth.

I became concerned that I might develop a latex allergy "down there" and that kind of freaked me out so I bought a Diva. My Diva sometimes worked, sometimes leaked. I think I actually had a good 4-6 month run of it working (but only on the 2nd day, never the first).

I finally gave up after being frustrated with my Diva and went back to my Keeper. No leaks! Yet still the fear of a latex allergy "down there". So I continue to consider the Mooncup, but not the UK version, the Keeper Mooncup which is different.

Why? The Keeper fits better than the Diva and does not leak so I am hoping the Keeper Mooncup will. I wish I knew whether the problem with the Diva was the material or the shape. It's possible that the latex is not as slippery and therefore less likely to leak and that's the one reason why I have not purchased a Keeper Mooncup yet. That and the fact that I had 10 weeks between periods recently but was not pregnant, then 36 days and now I'm on day 35 and still waiting so I was thinking with sporadic periods I might not need one much longer.:(