Menu

20.4 pounds GONE!

Sorry, a little self excitement going on. I have been doing the Ideal Protien diet for the last 6 weeks and today I weighed in and have lost 20.4 pounds and 15.5 inches total. I have decided that I am going to continue on the low carb, no refined sugar, higher protien diet but I just can't continue to justify the almost $100/week for their foods. Especially when I have 10 chickens that give me plenty of eggs for free! I like having lower carbs, I feel better, I am not as achy as I was before and my stomach doesn't constantly have a dull ache. I found some protein bars that have the same ingredients/protein count/carb count as the IP foods and I am going to use them for $2 a piece instead of $6 a piece like the IP foods. I am going to use them for quick meals but otherwise I am going to use good old fashion chicken/pork/beef/elk etc with veggies. I am down almost 2 pants sizes and it feels good!

Guest submarines

Congratulations! This is exactly what I needed to hear today, as I was contemplating two muffins :001_huh:. I normally eat low carb / good proteins, but tend to get off track every couple of months for about a week.

Which protein bars do you like? I've never tried them, as I cook from scratch, but would love to have quick meal emergencies.

Congrats!!! :party:

My body loves a low-starch, low-sugar diet; much more energy, sleep more soundly, moods are stable, etc. For recipe ideas and more, check out the paleo lifestyle on this Primal Blueprint page:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Best of luck as you transition to your own foods - you can do it!!

Congratulations! This is exactly what I needed to hear today, as I was contemplating two muffins :001_huh:. I normally eat low carb / good proteins, but tend to get off track every couple of months for about a week.

Which protein bars do you like? I've never tried them, as I cook from scratch, but would love to have quick meal emergencies.

I am going to try these... they have the exact same ingredients as Ideal Protein foods but are 1/3 the price.

I am ordering them tomorrow.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Congrats!!! :party:

My body loves a low-starch, low-sugar diet; much more energy, sleep more soundly, moods are stable, etc. For recipe ideas and more, check out the paleo lifestyle on this Primal Blueprint page:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Best of luck as you transition to your own foods - you can do it!!

Thanks for the website. I am going to try it out. I didn't think about it but I do sleep way better. I have horrible insomnia and since I have started this, I sleep better. I am on my way to work but have it bookmarked.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this post as I was doing a search for Ideal Protein. My BFF is doing IP and has lost about 20 pounds already. She is encouraging me to do it too. The cost is what is holding me back.

Isn't it also about $300 to start? I think I figured it would be about $300 plus an additional $3,000 to get to idea weight if I lost 2 pounds per week. I just can't do that.

I will look into these alternatives. Do you have some recipes?

And I have a sensitive question about IP if I were to do that......did it give you gas? I have some issues with soy isolate protein giving me gas.

Dawn