Menu

A yell for help (read this if you have some spare time and want a free book)

Folks,

We're getting ready to send our first volume of The Creative Writer series to press. Before we shove it out the door, we'd love to get five people to do a final typo-hunt through it. (It's been professionally proof-read, but you'd be astounded how many mistakes that misses.)

The book's approximately 194 pages long--those are 5x8 pages, not 8x11 pages--and the text isn't super-dense.

Here's my challenge: If you and/or your sharp-eyed teenagers can do a typo-hunt within the next 48 hours and send us a list of the mistakes you find, we'll send you a free copy of the book. If you find 5 mistakes or more, you can pick another free PHP title too.

If you want to help out, post here. First ten get picked. :001_smile:

SWB

Folks,

We're getting ready to send our first volume of The Creative Writer series to press. Before we shove it out the door, we'd love to get five people to do a final typo-hunt through it. (It's been professionally proof-read, but you'd be astounded how many mistakes that misses.)

The book's approximately 194 pages long--those are 5x8 pages, not 8x11 pages--and the text isn't super-dense.

Here's my challenge: If you and/or your sharp-eyed teenagers can do a typo-hunt within the next 48 hours and send us a list of the mistakes you find, we'll send you a free copy of the book. If you find 5 mistakes or more, you can pick another free PHP title too.

If you want to help out, post here. First ten get picked. :001_smile:

SWB

I'll do it :)

My career before "homeschool mom" was technical writer. I have done lots of editing. I will give it a go. :)

Oops...I see you have enough now. LOL I pulled up this thread about 10 mins ago, walked away from the computer, came back, typed my response with only 4 people having volunteered, hit send, and there were more like 14 volunteers! LOL If you need more or someone can't, I am available.

Edited by Tree House Academy

OK, we'll take all of you!

Here's what you do...email Kim at info@welltrainedmind.com and tell her you're doing volunteer proofreading. She'll send you an electronic file.

Make a list, in a Word doc, of all the typos you find: page number, line number, typo, and correction.

If your last name begins with A-M, read the fiction section first (the first half). If your last name begins with L-Z, read the poetry section first (the second half). You tend to see more errors when you first start reading, so this will even it out.

Thanks!

SWB