Menu

Where do you put stuff in tiny shower?

Our new master bath has a tiny-barely-enough-room-to-stand shower stall. There's a tiny ledge big enough for a bar of soap and that's it. How do you store body wash, shampoo, and conditioner for two people using different products?

I need your best ideas! Thanks!

I used to store them under the bathroom sink, and just take them in with me and put them back when I finished. In fact, we did that for almost 30 years, until we moved to a house with a bigger shower. :-) Bar soap stays in there; everything else moves around.

You could get a shower caddie thingie at somewhere like Bed, Bath and Beyond to keep stuff in, which would not only make it less painful but would look cute, lol.

That is almost exactly what I have. I hang it over the glass panel next to the door. The hooks on the other side are perfect for our towels. I got mine at Target.

I like the over the door idea. There is no glass panel next to the door. The shower is almost the same width as the door. Would there be a problem with water dripping when the door was open, do you think?

I would have a tote for each person that stays outside the shower and then just take it with you into the shower. You could store them under the sink, just outside the shower or on an over the toilet shelf. They do make those shampoo dispensers that hang on the wall, though I have never tried one. That would be out of your way though.

I like the over the door idea. There is no glass panel next to the door. The shower is almost the same width as the door. Would there be a problem with water dripping when the door was open, do you think?

I wouldn't worry about dripping (although I do think you'll have some). I would worry that the hooks that hold the rack on the door (which work by leverage) would hang down too far, preventing the door from opening. You could measure before you head to the store.

Hmmm. Now I'm remembering we used to have one that hung from the showerhead itself. Let me see if I can find what I'm talking about. OK, like this and this...I bet you can find lots.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

They do make those shampoo dispensers that hang on the wall, though I have never tried one. That would be out of your way though.

I have two of those dispensers in my shower, one for dh, one for me.

I *really* like them. They take up close to no room, and mine have not dripped--ever. We each have a razor that we keep in the shower, and they just sit on the lid of the dispenser.

ETA: I have had my dispensers for about 7 years, and they still don't drip or leak.

Our new master bath has a tiny-barely-enough-room-to-stand shower stall. There's a tiny ledge big enough for a bar of soap and that's it. How do you store body wash, shampoo, and conditioner for two people using different products?

I need your best ideas! Thanks!

Dh found a canvess shower caddy that hangs over the shower head....it has pockets. It is cool and takes up very little space.