Menu

Exhaustion

Just when I think I'm "normal" I get a reminder of how little stamina I actually have. We took yesterday and today off of school to get some outside activities done. Nothing major - a vet appointment and some errands. Today we went to a corn maze and had a lovely time without getting lost and having to call 9-1-1;) I was so tired afterward that I barely made it home driving. I fell asleep in the car and slept for 45 min. My ds14 was really worried about me and tried to wake me - I slapped him away and went back to sleep. When I got into the house, I couldn't stop shivering. It wasn't cold but I think my adrenals were so low that I couldn't keep my own temperature up. I could go back to sleep right now but I can't - I have to make myself get it together so that I can make dinner. I'm a bit worried though because tomorrow we have speech in the morning followed by another vet appointment for our disabled dog. Any tips for getting over exhaustion - like immediately?

No- this is my life with fibromyalgia and adrenal fatigue.

:grouphug: Aww, Jean. No advice for you, but I'm sorry for what you're going through. :grouphug: I know that feeling of being so bone dead tired- it strikes me really hard when I'm pg and again every now and then (I had an episode last week). Thankfully for me, a good nap will snap me out of it enough to function. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this full-time. :grouphug::grouphug:

Different medical issues, but DD10 gets like this. It's the "two days in a row" thing that does her in - she holds up pretty well with even a day of rest between busy days. But today we had to go run some errands during the day (unavoidable) and she has Awanas tonight. Tomorrow, she will be dragging like a zombie, even with extra sleep-in time. If I tried to take her somewhere tomorrow, by Thursday she would have to spend the day on the couch....

What helps? Protein. Frequent small snacks. Regular exercise to build up her stamina a bit. And just plain not doing too much. That's the only real fix that we have found.

Just when I think I'm "normal" I get a reminder of how little stamina I actually have. We took yesterday and today off of school to get some outside activities done. Nothing major - a vet appointment and some errands. Today we went to a corn maze and had a lovely time without getting lost and having to call 9-1-1;) I was so tired afterward that I barely made it home driving. I fell asleep in the car and slept for 45 min. My ds14 was really worried about me and tried to wake me - I slapped him away and went back to sleep. When I got into the house, I couldn't stop shivering. It wasn't cold but I think my adrenals were so low that I couldn't keep my own temperature up. I could go back to sleep right now but I can't - I have to make myself get it together so that I can make dinner. I'm a bit worried though because tomorrow we have speech in the morning followed by another vet appointment for our disabled dog. Any tips for getting over exhaustion - like immediately?

Don't neglect the possibility of low blood sugar. Have you checked since you got home?

My sugar was 93 at that time. So not high and not low.

Yeah, about as good as it gets. If it has been running high, however, your body can be symptomatic of a "low" at a relatively high number. Dd feels "low" at anywhere between high 50's and 80's, depending on how her numbers have been trending.

:grouphug:

Different medical issues, but DD10 gets like this. It's the "two days in a row" thing that does her in - she holds up pretty well with even a day of rest between busy days. But today we had to go run some errands during the day (unavoidable) and she has Awanas tonight. Tomorrow, she will be dragging like a zombie, even with extra sleep-in time. If I tried to take her somewhere tomorrow, by Thursday she would have to spend the day on the couch....

What helps? Protein. Frequent small snacks. Regular exercise to build up her stamina a bit. And just plain not doing too much. That's the only real fix that we have found.

Yes. It is the two days in a row thing that does it for me too. I know that but scheduled things this way anyway because I've been feeling pretty good lately. That was a mistake.