Menu

So tired of feeling like everything's piling up on us.

Two months without a paycheck for subbing (over the summer) combined with dh suddenly struggling to get his hours at work killed our finances, and we still haven't caught up. He finally got the transfer he'd been wanting (less physically demanding job and a better environment), only to find out that we might not be able to handle the pay cut financially. Thankfully, a guy he works with has hired him to help with his moving company, but that might not start until next week and we're in a bind now. The online system we use to check dh's automatic deposit paystubs is down, so we won't know how much his check is until Thursday, so I can't even sit down and figure out what we can and can't pay this time around. DS 7 has been a real challenge over the last couple of weeks. Our washer quit working this afternoon. Both of our cars need maintenance. I'm thankful that dh's parents live nearby so we can use their washer, and I'm incredibly thankful for the second job opportunity for dh, but I'm so tired of turning around and having yet another problem staring us in the face.

Sorry to unload, but I just needed somewhere to vent. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. :(

:grouphug: Unload all you like.

I'm so sorry things are so tough, you're usually so upbeat - in fact you're still counting your blessings even now, which is pretty wonderful.

I'll be thinking of you and sending wishes for renewed prosperity your way, you deserve it.

:grouphug: You should be able to call the bank to find out the amount of the deposit.

Yes, we can find out online on payday. But the online pay stub is usually ready 5 days earlier than that, so we can be working on budgeting/planning early. I'd rather have it now and be working out a battle plan. It's a minor thing in the long run--it's not going to really change anything in our financial situation. It just feels better to be doing something (even just planning) rather than just waiting!

I'm so terribly sorry for all the finanical stress!

Not long ago everytime we turned around something was requiring money we just didn't have saved up. Our car needed AC repair which costs us $300+ then our home AC went out and required repair costing $300+ THEN our dishwasher broke and we've yet to replace that altogether. I know how you feel!

We're a paycheck to paycheck family. I think most nowadays are in someway that way too. The economy is terrible, jobs are scarce and bills keep coming without any changed due to the economy. Everyone wants their money and things still need repairing. I felt there for awhile I was going to drown in just the stress of the finanical aspect of life. Finally we figured it out and just came to the conclusion that life is expensive and we just have to live with the little earnings we do have leftover each pay period and hang on to it with all we got and not go out and eat every week and not buy things that aren't needs.

We coupon shop BIG time and I cook once a month. At first we couponed because it was fun and finding the best savings was exciting, now it's REQUIRED for us. We can't live comfortably without couponing. The once a month cooking was a neat idea at first. I loved the freezer full of food and I loved spending a day cooking...took me back to a place that I imagined happened in the 50's or 60's. Now it's almost something we just HAVE to do in order to NOT get the urge to eat out or use our grocery money unwisely. Life in the past year has drasically changed for our home in the financial aspect. DH still has the same job but the groceries are increasing in price and we're still couponing and shopping the same way.

Just to think of the holidays just a couple months ago had me frantic. It's my job as the stay at home parent to figure the finances out, use it to the best, get us the best deals and to all manage it so we CAN pay for something unexpected if it arises. So Christmas lists for me were becomming stressful and now that I've found great deals from the blogs online and have almost all my shopping done I feel so blessed to have been guided to the ways of saving.

Girl I feel you! Sorry to ramble about what we're going through. Hopefully you can see we can relate in SOME regard to what you're struggling through.

Edited by mamaofblessings